which dhf

freeriding

Likes Dirt
Which one of these versions is wider? I have 21mm internal width rims.

• the 2.5 maxterra is nowhere to find. have you spotted it anywhere?
  • the 2.5 supertacky, will be fine for tubeless installation in UST rims? (the tyre is not TR)
  • the 2.3, if it's as wide as the aggressor 2.3 and the dhrii 2.3, then it is not wide enough for front use. Any measurements?
Last but not least, which one do you think is a better all around front tyre, dhf or magic mary?

moorey

call me Mia
What riding? I’d say not a 2.5 on a 21mm rim,
personally. 2.3 is plenty for most uses, and if you’re DHing, get a wider rim(s)

moorey

call me Mia
Last I checked, 2.3 was narrower than 2.5...which are not suited well to a 21mm.
One is heavier DH 2.5, other is trail EXO 2.5. But should be same width. Type of riding is everything, but you’re the expert.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
2.3 best fits your rim with a 21mm inner. I'd stick with that.

You might find some 2.3's are bigger than others, but in the same tyre model it's usually consistent. Some 2.5's aren't much wider, than 2.3, but have a different profile to suit a wider rim.

NICK ATKINS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
21mm rims are fine with 2.5 all the older mavic dh rims like deemax 721/729 were only 22mm and 2.5 dhf fit fine. Sure if you need a new rim get something wider but if you feel like the extra width of the 2.5 will help go for it.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
21mm rims are fine with 2.5 all the older mavic dh rims like deemax 721/729 were only 22mm.
The second numbers on Mavic rims are actually the internal diameter. I have ridden Minion 2.5s on 721 (21mm), 729 (29mm) and 823 (23mm) and they have all been fine.

Maxxis 2.5" aren't all that wide anyway, they're close to Schwalbe 2.3.

stirk

Burner
[QUOTE="freeriding, post: 3162799, ] 2.3, if it's as wide as the aggressor 2.3 and the dhrii 2.3, then it is not wide enough for front use. Any measurements?
[/QUOTE]

Not sure which thread. Read about the magic mary, maybe the massive All Mountain tyre thread with people raving about it so maybe go with that.

Also recall a thread where some people were trashing fat bike tyres saying they had less grip than narrower tyres, could just be low pressure and tyre deformation.

Riding style and terrain and psi all make a difference to what you should try unless you're just over analysing a couple of mm for fun.

Tyres are cheap enough, buy try, measure and tell us the specs then sell what you don't want for almost what you paid, they'll be new.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
According to the black magic that is mathematics, 2.5 will be wider than 2.3 in the same tyre, casing and compound type is irrelevant to that.

Widths between tyre models, even in the same brand, or type for that matter can vary wildly. For example, a 2.4 DHR is wider than a 2.5 DHF.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
According to the black magic that is mathematics, 2.5 will be wider than 2.3 in the same tyre, casing and compound type is irrelevant to that.

Widths between tyre models, even in the same brand, or type for that matter can vary wildly. For example, a 2.4 DHR is wider than a 2.5 DHF.