which disc brake?

which one?

• Total voters

..::JaReD::..

Likes Dirt
which one would you guys choose out of armor hydros, avid 8inch cable, dice whiplash hydros and hayes hmx1 cable disc

fastrider gus

super huck
well the armor and the dice are exactly the same...
pick which ever is cheaper out of the 2 and put on some 8" hayes rotors and mounts... then you'll be rippin!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Armours or Avids.

Armours- if you know what your doing and dont mind the extra maintence.

Avids- if your lazy or prefer to do all your own work- or you not doing purely dh work.

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
are you just going in from those ones? are u buying? if so the arour but if ur price is up to $800 u can get hope 4pots for around that from america.

big_pete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im using armours same as dice whiplas (i no its been said) but they ae cheaper and work great i picked up the pair for 350 had no problem so far, b4 them i had those hayes mechanicals there ok though the armours work alot better

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Avids but only if you get them with some decent levers. Otherwise get the hydros. I've never met anyone who liked Hayes mechanicals.

What kind of riding will they be subjected to?

big_pete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
armours are really good i recomend them for downhill and dirt jumping, you only need to use one finger on the lever and you stop but good luck with deciding what your going to get

..::JaReD::..

Likes Dirt
theres been alot of votes for avid but not many post stating why there so good

ill probably be gettin armours they sound pretty good unless someone can change my mind

hey its chris, dice and armour are EXACTLY the same, just 're badged' if you want, theres some at omara pair, dice ones, i dont think youll find em cheaper unles u can be arsed riding to recycle where they got them, or else just get hayes hmx-1, ask toff if he wanst to sell, his are awsome on rear(his are hmx-1)

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
heyi love bold! i got the same thingo, im getting new breaks and i do pretty much every thing. DJ,DH,FR,STREEEEEET(kinda) and i got a budget of around $400, so what should i get

TREK24

Likes Dirt
go the armor hydros, they require a bit of fiddling and adjustment while thay are bedding in and during the first week or two of riding, but I havent touched mine for a good month or so. i was a bit disappointed with mine when i first got it(rear only), but after bedding in, it's excellent, nice modulation and as big pete said they pull up hard(and lock) with only one finger.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
i voted for the avids - i had them on my bruiser with avid speed dial levers. SOOOO good, if they are set up sweet than its one finger stopping all the way down. really easy to set up and easier to fiddle with and no barely any maintainence
i would definetly recommend getting some really good levers as it will really compliment the avids.