Which dropper??

slo

Likes Dirt
Had a quick search, most relevant post was in 2013.

We all know dropper posts are the ducks nuts.
I am pretty keen to get on one, simply for the sake of versatility.

Just chasing peoples experience with droppers.
What one have you ridden on?
Any problems?
Good after sales service?

Was looking at reverb stealth, but a buddy said they were a bit unreliable.
Is thompson the go??

Any help would be appreciated all :yo:

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Here is a pretty good thread on it. Still very current too.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?222961-Adjustable-Seat-Posts

I read through it recently. A lot of people seem to favour the KS brand dropper. I ended up getting their KS 'dropzone' version (middle of their range I think). It does its job, 125mm travel, very smooth and no play in the switch so I'm happy. All the cable is externally run (and teflon coated) which I think is a plus as there is no fiddling around when installing or adjusting.

I originally had a Giant contact dropper and thought it was brilliant...it worked well for 2 years without fault but always felt it was a bit rough and unrefined. My new dropper feels 10x better and I think pretty reasonably priced too.

Anyway, happy reading :)

Last edited:

Optic

Likes Dirt
I've got a reverb stealth, haven't had any problems at all, its perfect.

If you ever get problems with one there warranty is really good.

They are fully hydraulic as you probably already know, so super smooth actuation all the time. I've got the 125mm travel one, no need for the 150mm.

slo

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys!
And thanks for the link to the other thread Bryce, I only searched for 'dropper' not 'adjustable'.

Time to read.

Sm019

Squid
In my opinion and experience, RockShox Reverb is the way to go! Especially if you route it internally.

Have ridden and heard about other options, with varying degrees of success. In my opinion, something worth spending a little bit of coin on. Really opens up your riding experience.

I like reverb for a few reasons.

-Reputable brand. RockShox knows hydraulics/ seals/ internals
-Infinite adjustability, so you can adjust it juuuuuust right
-Hydraulic adjust. Some may say a curse, but if kept bled, it is the bomb.
-Warranty. Relates to first point, but dealing with Rockshox has always been a pleasure for me.

Hopefully this helps!!

Cheers.

Flint

Likes Dirt
I am currently using the Giant dropper (the 2014 version) on my Bronson, works fine, can be configured at internal or external and since the actuation cable is wire there is no need to bleed it ... ever. I just screw the cap off an clean under it then relube whenever it gets sluggish. Very happy with it.

Cheers

abevern

Likes Dirt
+1 LEV
I've had the 150mm travel one for about 130 faultless hours. I have adjusted the cable actuation 0 times since install.
Actuation is always smooth.
Routing is external, but the cable doesn't move, so install is easy, and no need to allow for a great loop of cable materializing every time you drop the post.
I was originally concerned that 150mm would be too much drop, but in reality it's great. Would buy again in a heartbeat.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
XC dropper

When will someone make a light weight 60mm dropper for XC duties which is bluetooth wireless controlled. I would like a dropper on my 29er HT but I dont ever need to drop it 100-150mm on an XC bike.

I cant help but think the XC crowd would love it.

I was running a ti post and loved the comfort- now have a dropper and while it is good to drop the saddle in the chunk- I am missing out on comfort- what is more important? Surely on an XC HT it is comfort.

What you think

moorey

call me Mia
Get a Joplin 3. 75mm drop, and the one I had/have would regularly drop without being touched. I assume it was wifi interference or something. They also must had a 'dump oil' feature that was also being somehow remotely activated. Soooo ahead of their time. Want to buy it?

Gripo

Eats Squid
JD, no wireless but the KS Lev Carbon at 65mm looks right.....but I believe it's big $s...

PM nef herder, believe he looks after KS in Oz... I haven't been able to get a response from him though?

moorey

call me Mia
PM nef herder, believe he looks after KS in Oz... I haven't been able to get a response from him though?
Yes, he is, but that's odd. Unless he's out of the office on business, he's very quick to respond.
Are you using sales@pushie.com.au ?
Theres office and mobile numbers available also if you need them.

ChopSticks

Banned
no wireless but the KS Lev Carbon at 65mm looks right.....but I believe it's big $s...

if you wait abit... there WILL be a wireless version. saw a video of proto KS a while back.
Nerf can get abit busy... but as moorey said. theres no.s on his site you can call for quick answers

EDIT: cant find the video, but heres the article
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/ks-electronic-wireless-dropper-post-first-look.html

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Get a Joplin 3. 75mm drop, and the one I had/have would regularly drop without being touched. I assume it was wifi interference or something. They also must had a 'dump oil' feature that was also being somehow remotely activated. Soooo ahead of their time. Want to buy it?
oh that sounds great Moorey- thanks little buddy- be right over.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
JD, no wireless but the KS Lev Carbon at 65mm looks right.....but I believe it's big $s...

yeah that would be perfect Gripo but at $800 it aint going to happen. Would you go comfort over dropper on a HT?

Gripo

Eats Squid
yeah that would be perfect Gripo but at $800 it aint going to happen. Would you go comfort over dropper on a HT?
Droppers have their own in built flex I guess with a thinner actual post....

But maybe as you know for a traditional seat post a Syntace P6 Hiflex post is the go $....

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Droppers have their own in built flex I guess with a thinner actual post....

But maybe as you know for a traditional seat post a Syntace P6 Hiflex post is the go $....
yeah mate the Syntace is the go for a rigid/flex post. Might try a different saddle on my dropper before I ditch the idea. There is benefit in a dropper.