Which dropper??

jp80

Likes Bikes
^^^^
Yep, i'm dropping on every second or third corner I reckon, mostly because I'm hopeless, but also because it makes me ride differently and I enjoy it more. Off camber and need more weight distrib - drop. Tight and twisty needing more manouve - drop. Anything that I might be able get an inch or two of air on and add a pic to my strava file - drop. I even drop climbing tech to keep the seat away... I dont think I put the seat back up the whole way up heartbreaker on stromlo the other day... I'm standing on SS anyway, so why not keep the seat out of the equation.
all of that said, the travel of that mini dropper makes me wonder if it is worth it, though.

creole

Likes Bikes
Ive been busting my ass on an OEM Giant contact on a trance 29er. Cant complain, its held up fine, can take a little extra persuasion to actually go down at times (gotta slam your ass down on it). Im 90kg and only complaints is the single alen bolt style seat retention, which has moved the seat up/down if your a big ass like me.

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
the KS importer in the UK dropped them because they couldn't be arsed with all the warranties - the conditions there are much worse than here, however.

slo

Likes Dirt
haha, this thread got some traction and i completely forgot about :whistle:
ended up going a stealth reverb, locally. that way if there are warranty issues, i can take it back to the LBS and get it taken care of.

on a remedy 8, took advantage of the trek sale.
would have gone a 9, but they didnt have any XL rigs left in AUS.
having said that, very happy with the 8!

just threw on some slx cranks, reverb post, nukeproof pedals, renthal bar and stem combo.
happy fat man out on the trails!