which grips for AM/XC

Zam

Likes Dirt
Hey guys ,

Looking for new grios as the ones I have are a bit ordinary, I have oreviusy used odi rogues and they were pretty good.

just after everyone's opinions in the best grios, would prefer lock one and also some cheap places to purchase said grips

cheers

zam

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
I was using odi ruffians for a fair while, they're not bad but found them a little thin. After trying the Odi Troy Lee jobbies tho I'm now running them on everything.

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
All my bikes for the last 4 years have had the ODI O grips. They are like pistol grips and you blow them on with a compressor or if not needed til next day just put a little water in them and force them on. Great even in wet, always mega grippy and XC light too.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Always have run odi ruffians.. new bike came with ritchey foamies. They are great without gloves but once they wear out its back to gloves and lockons for me!

Zam

Likes Dirt
Yeah I have used our grips before and quite liked them, they just weren't the lock one, which I think I will go for this time.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've used Ritchie WCS foam grips for years, and I've never been able to fault them. If you have to go lock on though (I genuinely don't understand why though?), just get another pair of ODI's.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Using some Bontrager superlight lock ons. There's only one clamp, but it holds tight and they're real thin which I like. Perfect with gloves.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Another vote for ODI from me.

Have tried Ritchey foam and while comfortable were not very durable. Much prefer the ODI.

Run Ruffians on the BMX bikes, Rogue on my Yeti. On my touring bike/ general transport bike I run Oury for the extra cush (tried them on the Yeti but found them too bulky).

My son has smaller hands and uses either ODI Ruffian or Answer DH grips on his bikes.

Last edited:

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run Lizzard Skin Logo Lock-ons on all my mtb's, really good if you have large hands, and last ages too.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run Lizzard Skin Logo Lock-ons on all my mtb's, really good if you have large hands, and last ages too.

I am using the Steve Peat version of the Lizard Skins and they work well for me. They are on the chunkier side, without being too big. Probably a good middle of the road thickness, but very grippy and comfortable

pistol

Likes Dirt
Esi all the way..

The grip is thicker on one side so as you rotate it when you fit to the bar you can have a thick padding at palm or thin padding at a palm.

These will not slip or spin so no need for lock on's

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
ESI for sure.
Buy two sets, keep one set at home, and a roll of electrical tape in glovebox. Just incase you tear one. Happens maybe once every six months to a year for me. Never stops me riding but, just feels dud. It's really only if you crash hard.
Great grips, light, comfy.
I had bad luck with the Ritchy ones. Was years ago, maybe they changed.