which grips for AM/XC

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Any wet slow, drying fluid that totally evaporates makes the ESI grip installation easy. They state on the ESI website that they stick to smooth surfaces better like painted bars and carbon bars. They didn't hold to well to my renthal bars which are shot peened. I am contemplating painting the portion of the bars where the grips go on so its nice and smooth or wiring the grips on.
Spray the inside of the grip with spray paint. Just a quick squirt and quickly slide the grip on. Just buy a cheap can of spray paint. Try and use the same colour as the grips to hide any drips.
Has worked for me for years.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
chunky junkie

righto thanks - I will give them another go - hopefully they stick. That Iso alcohol is hard to find - I went to two chemists and one supermarket - it seems it is popular with junkies to sterilise their needles - perhaps the shops in my area dont want to attract that sort of clientel. I told them it was to stick my chunkies onto my bar - they called security.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
get out to bunnings in preston John, they should have some small spray bottles of the stuff in the sniffing section (paint/glue/resin/thinners) - about $10 a bottle

Big JD

Wheel size expert
get out to bunnings in preston John, they should have some small spray bottles of the stuff in the sniffing section (paint/glue/resin/thinners) - about $10 a bottle
"getting high on your own suppy"

cheers

Gripo

Eats Squid
Christ there are some animalistic ways of installing ESI's......

Ok, I've run them since 08 on all my bikes and never had them slip even those that have suffered damage.....

Simply clean bar surface with metho or the like, then put some metho inside the grip and blow on with air from a compressor....

To remove, blow them off again with an air compressor....how hard is that?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
i had a compressor and it blew up

my wife is ok with me borrowing the hairspray

i have made the mistake of not cleaning the bar

i am currently developing a esi type lockon - stay tuned. it will take over the world and i will be able to afford an air compressor (not that i will need it for my grips)

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Too late John. Crank Brothers do a nice foam grip with lock on ends in pretty colours.
I think Ritchy and Jet Black do as well.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Too late John. Crank Brothers do a nice foam grip with lock on ends in pretty colours.
I think Ritchy and Jet Black do as well.
yeah but it aint made of used breast implants like mine

brand slogan - "cop a feel of these puppies" and "slip em on your bar"