Which Helmet Should I Buy?

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, i am currently looking for a new full-face downhill helmet as i am starting grow out of my old full-face helmet. As the title suggests... Should i get which of the following:

661 Evolution Striped 2010
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48297

OR

661 Comp 2 2010
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_48&products_id=3482

If you have any of these helmets, could you please post a review or your opinion here on this thread? I have looked all over the place but still i have not found any reviews on these helmets...
If there are any other good suitable full-face downhill oriented helmets, please post.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

aussiemx

Likes Dirt
hey buddy, i just recently bought the 661 comp 2 (white) and absolutely love it =] its light and comfortable, thats about all i can offer since i haven't had to test it out yet (touch wood) another thing is, have you tried both of the helmets on, if not try and see if you can try them on and find out wich one is more comfortable for you

good luck with your helmet mate, hope i helped a bit..

cheers

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
another thing is, have you tried both of the helmets on, if not try and see if you can try them on and find out wich one is more comfortable for you

cheers
Eh, nar i haven't tried them on yet, but the TBSM is quite a distance from my place... :( So i want to get reviews over the net before i go ahead to TBSM to just try them on.
Thanks.

RMS116

Likes Dirt
They'll both do the trick and 661 make pretty solid helmets throughout their range.
But I would definately buy the one from CRC. It looks awsome

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
depends on what you going to use it for, if you are just going on weekend rides i would get the the comp 2 but if you are going to race i would go for the one from CRC

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
depends on what you going to use it for, if you are just going on weekend rides i would get the the comp 2 but if you are going to race i would go for the one from CRC
Hmm good statement... Well i am going to start competing in downhill soon, and i also just muck around aswell... But i want a helmet that will withstand hard crashes. Got any other suggestions as for downhill helmets?

Hard and fast

Likes Dirt
Hey Dude

I got the 2010 661 striped, super good and airy and comfortable, go and get that one and you won't look back.

Cheers

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
I recently bought the Evolution. Best helmet I have ever had. (dealing from experience with TLD, THE and FOX *yeah, I like to waste money on helmets*)
Its real light, real comfortable and very easy to wear, has padding in all the right places and hasn't got padding in all the right places, an example of that is where your ears are there is a significant gap so your ears don't get all crushed up and allows for comfortable head phones if your into that.

My 2 cents.

D.HILL817

Likes Dirt
Hmm good statement... Well i am going to start competing in downhill soon, and i also just muck around aswell... But i want a helmet that will withstand hard crashes. Got any other suggestions as for downhill helmets?
if you are going to start racing then get the one from CRC a lot better helmet, i have got the 09 one in red very light helmet.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Definitely the one from crc man, it'l be a lot nicer to wear and looks awesome! Dunno what colour your going for but the black would look cool with your giant I reckon.

dupes

Squid
Mate i bought my wife the evolution and its a great helmet she can't ride at the moment and i've started to wear it over my carbon pro bravo. you won't go wrong with this helmet.
good luck

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Thanks for your input guys, i really appreciate it.
This has pretty much made my decision at getting the 661 Evolution Striped helmet instead of the 661 Comp 2. But i will try out both helmets at TBSM, to have a look for myself, taking the previous comments/posts into factor.

Thanks Rotorburners. :)

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Ive got this one- http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24914 I payed $99 a couple of months back from T7 on Special. Took a real big head hit last weekend up at Beerburrum. OTB straight on my head. And the helmet came out with only superficial scratches. Was good that i could remove the padding and also get the inner shell to move enough so i could inspect the inside of the outershell for damage. It had non.

But if you want an indestructable helmet have a look at this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnIvhlKT7SY&feature=player_embedded

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
yeah the Evolution kicks the Comp helmet in the nuts. If for no other reason then being 10x more venitlated. You won't notice it in store but you will on the trail.

sampo1

Likes Dirt
The 661 Comp 2 is amazingly light and has great ventilation. I thought just cause it was going to be cheap it would be crap but I am completely converted.

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, just to update the thread... I have actually decided and already bought the 661 Comp 2. The reason so is because of the fit, having already tried the Evolution. The fit on your head is what i find most important.
I had a sweet ride on my track today, and yes it was a fair bit hot with not much ventilation... But i think i can solve that by getting a hair cut! Also keeping in mind that my hair is bloody thick as hell.
So far i am enjoying my new helmet aswell as some other new gear i got for my b'day! :)
Thanks guys.

Last edited: