Which shock for NorcoRange: CaneCreekDBair, monarch plus or CaneC inline

Axelnose

Likes Bikes
My Range 7.1 alloy comes standard with a fox ctd which is ok at best, so I'm looking to upgrade it with something a bit more capable all round. About the only thing I like about the fox CTD is the climb mode which really locks it solid for those long smooth climbs (but in other modes I find it so unresponsive and the slow bump compliance shocking)
It's my everyday bike and has literally replaced my downhill rig and trail bike. I know it won't do either job as well as terrain specific bikes but I just want to have one bike in the stable and ride it as well as it can be.

Would love to hear peoples thoughs as there is not much on the net regarding the Range at all
Cheers

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DB Air over the inline given your frame can handle it. Inline can heat-up causing the oil pressure in the circuits to rise, which is basically the reason DH shocks have piggyback reservoirs. X-fusion Vector Air is also a massively underrated shock which will outperform anything RS or Fox make.

Debonair just extents the neg/pos air cans from the old Monarch. If anything, I'd go a Vivid Air over the Debonair if the bike has replaced your DH sled. Vivid air works a lot nicer on downhills than the Debonair thanks to the twintube design. If RS made a Vivid Air with a climb switch like the DB Air CS, it'd make the Monarch Plus Debonair redundant.

DB Air > Inline > X-fusion Vector Air > Vivid Air > Monarch Plus Debonair