Which tyres do you prefer and why

cammas

Seamstress
These are out too, maybe I am late to the party but for all those who want some fast rollers
Aspen ST

The Aspen ST is an ultra-low-profile race tire designed primarily for short track XC use. Sometimes referred to as the “Fastpen,” this tire is sure to give any racer an edge in dry conditions.

I ran the Aspen 2.4 WT, which has slightly more tread than them, on my Salsa El Mariachi on 30mm rims, they’re an excellent XC tyre with good grip and nice compliance at low pressures. As the Salsa was a rigid (or is it full stiffee), they were my suspension and had no issues running them at around 16-18 psi depending on where I was riding, plenty of grip around the You Yangs. I would recommend them to anyone racing or riding XC, sometimes less is more.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Because when you run Aspens front and back with 60mm of suspension, no dropper, wear a skinsuit, XC shoes and helmet, you cant do shit compared to enduro-boiz on minions.

Only a 3.5m drop to transition and didn't even think about it.

Over biked anyone ?

YTEes01uX_2jpixVr-TfB9PJPpvgwsklhlxanDgiMww-2048x1536.jpg

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Front 2.5 Dual ply
Rear 2.4 Dual ply

At the time, it seemed like a good idea, but now I think I should have gone wider or lighter.
Cuase i have heavy narrow tyres..
In reality probably won't matter

slowmick

38-39"
Because when you run Aspens front and back with 60mm of suspension, no dropper, wear a skinsuit, XC shoes and helmet, you cant do shit compared to enduro-boiz on minions.

Only a 3.5m drop to transition and didn't even think about it.

Over biked anyone ?

View attachment 409252
You know the people you a conversing with have 20 - 30 years and maybe 60 kg on skinsuit superman right.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Question: what do youse use / recommend if you're after an all rounder (including bitumen)? Looking for 26" - rims are 23mm wide so don't think I'll be pushing my luck past anything wider than a 2.3. Maxxis DTH looks pretty sensible but open to suggestions.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Front 2.5 Dual ply
Rear 2.4 Dual ply

At the time, it seemed like a good idea, but now I think I should have gone wider or lighter.
Cuase i have heavy narrow tyres..
In reality probably won't matter
The "Tough/High Grip" Vigilante is only approx 100-150g heavier than the "Light/High Grip". Not terribly noticeable on the front IMO

cammas

Seamstress
The "Tough/High Grip" Vigilante is only approx 100-150g heavier than the "Light/High Grip". Not terribly noticeable on the front IMO
Question- how do you get these suckers off, I was swapping back to my original rims and be fucked if I can get the front tyre off which is the Vigilante, the rear popped off like normal but the front I cannot get it to break the bead.

At first I thought it was my piss weak hands but I got my daughters boyfriend to have a crack all 6’4 and 120kgs of him but no luck, it’s like it’s stuck on the bead itself, will give it another shot this weekend, the rims are WTB 35mm internal and the tyres are the 2.6.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Question- how do you get these suckers off, I was swapping back to my original rims and be fucked if I can get the front tyre off which is the Vigilante, the rear popped off like normal but the front I cannot get it to break the bead.

At first I thought it was my piss weak hands but I got my daughters boyfriend to have a crack all 6’4 and 120kgs of him but no luck, it’s like it’s stuck on the bead itself, will give it another shot this weekend, the rims are WTB 35mm internal and the tyres are the 2.6.
Try a clamp. I’ve had luck popping a stubborn bead off with a quick grip.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Can't say I've had that issue yet. As @Jpez posted, I'd be trying a quickgrip.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

These were a massive chunt to remove, the Trail Boss was harder to get on but easier to get off. Quite the opposite with the Vigilante. I ended up standing on them and even then they were chunty.