Whinging parents.

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
i looked up little kids in search before i made this post. i did this after making a post in the little ripping kids thred when i was thinking about how many times we have worked our asses off in the hot day with shovels at our local jumps making the jumps a bit smoother and fixing the lip to our liking so that we can get higher to pull of thse triacks that we have been trying lo land.
we then go home and come back the next day to find that the fuking lips have been cut in half and the dirt has been compacted back in the the jumps again!

Makes me soooo angry when parents take their little kids to the jumps that we have worked had on building and becuase there to high that they roll backwards they ring up the local council so that they can be "Fixed". we have even started bulind our lips with a back to them so that it is rollable but still these stupid fuking no brain im so good parents rip down our hard work. like we dont go to there places of work and start setting it on fire becuase we dont like the look of it.

im sure there would be alot more people out there that know exactly what im talking about but im not just having a little bitch im aksing how can we fix this? i have tried talking to the council about getting them to not knock our lips down when there are already little kid tabletops right next to our jumps. i have chatted directly to the person that does knock the jups down and of course he just said to me "its my job sorry i have to do it". i have talked to the parents but they dont care they just smirk and say well my kid cant jump them u need to think about my children and not make such stupid jumps. we have even, as i said built a back to the lip into the landing so that u can roll it without fail but still any modification to the jumps is destroyed and were left off with the jumps looking worse and worse everytime there fixed by the council.

i can not be bothered to go to some secret loaction and build jumps from the ground up becuase that would take alot of time and hard work. and i cannot get to much dirt dumped on my property becuase i do not have enough land to build decent sized jumps on.
so what have other people done to handle this situation? we have tried alot and worked very hard for nothing most of the time.:(

|Matt|

Banned
In the area near my place, I sent a request to the council to get an area where we were allowed to build jumps. Just contact your local council and write a PROPERLY FORMATTED letter. I.E no "Oh um can we plz get sum dirt at da jumpz park, dat wud be much apreshiated"
If you do it properly, the council will look much more lightly upon it than some half assed job. Let me know how it turns out
good luck
regards
Matt

DEMONATION said:
i looked up little kids in search before i made this post. i did this after making a post in the little ripping kids thred when i was thinking about how many times we have worked our asses off in the hot day with shovels at our local jumps making the jumps a bit smoother and fixing the lip to our liking so that we can get higher to pull of thse triacks that we have been trying lo land.
we then go home and come back the next day to find that the fuking lips have been cut in half and the dirt has been compacted back in the the jumps again!

Makes me soooo angry when parents take their little kids to the jumps that we have worked had on building and becuase there to high that they roll backwards they ring up the local council so that they can be "Fixed". we have even started bulind our lips with a back to them so that it is rollable but still these stupid fuking no brain im so good parents rip down our hard work. like we dont go to there places of work and start setting it on fire becuase we dont like the look of it.

im sure there would be alot more people out there that know exactly what im talking about but im not just having a little bitch im aksing how can we fix this? i have tried talking to the council about getting them to not knock our lips down when there are already little kid tabletops right next to our jumps. i have chatted directly to the person that does knock the jups down and of course he just said to me "its my job sorry i have to do it". i have talked to the parents but they dont care they just smirk and say well my kid cant jump them u need to think about my children and not make such stupid jumps. we have even, as i said built a back to the lip into the landing so that u can roll it without fail but still any modification to the jumps is destroyed and were left off with the jumps looking worse and worse everytime there fixed by the council.

i can not be bothered to go to some secret loaction and build jumps from the ground up becuase that would take alot of time and hard work. and i cannot get to much dirt dumped on my property becuase i do not have enough land to build decent sized jumps on.
so what have other people done to handle this situation? we have tried alot and worked very hard for nothing most of the time.:(

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
yeh stp0rider we gave a letter to the coucil asking them for permission and gave them plans to show what we would build and we even asked if we could instead get some more jumps for the little kids (they supply the dirt we build) and they can keep to there jumps and we will keep to ours.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok let me get a few things straight here... correct me if I'm wrong...

- The council is providing you with at least some jumps/dirt etc
- The council intended these jumps for use of all people in the area
- You didn't build these jumps yet keep changing them to your liking.
- Someone else keeps changing these jumps to their liking
- Its ok for you to change them but noone else
- You can't be bothered to build your own jumps

WOW! Daddy, I don't like this porsche you bought me! I wanted a ferrari!

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
and1 said:
Ok let me get a few things straight here... correct me if I'm wrong...

- The council is providing you with at least some jumps/dirt etc
- The council intended these jumps for use of all people in the area
- You didn't build these jumps yet keep changing them to your liking.
- Someone else keeps changing these jumps to their liking
- Its ok for you to change them but noone else
- You can't be bothered to build your own jumps

WOW! Daddy, I don't like this porsche you bought me! I wanted a ferrari!
-yes they have built three small table tops and 3 very small table tops.
-yes the smallest tabletops are intended to be used by the little ones but they have moved onto trying the big ones that we have tried to modify to get a big higher to trick.
-the dirt was supplied but the council and we have built them from there but we cant make them any bigger now.
-the council does. becuase of parents complaining
-not at all if they made good lips into them
- i cant afford dirt

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
DEMONATION said:
- i cant afford dirt
Yeah, it's not like it grows on trees. Oh wait, trees grow on it. :D

Seriously, write and tell the council how good it was that they gave you some jumps. Thank them and then ask for a bit more dirt due to the compaction of the jumps and for ongoing maintainence. Worst case is they say no and you have to get off your lazy ass and go build some jumps from scratch.

doggi

Banned
dirt

Well
The problem is that like most perents these people want to keep there children from harms way.Wouldn`t it be good it every town was like that town in chity chity babgbang
I too can understand your frustration.
So, loby the concil ore lock up the chidren !
good luck man.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DEMONATION said:
-yes they have built three small table tops and 3 very small table tops.
so pettition the council for an intermediate set;

Explain in a polite way (remembering that those nuf-nuf parents probably pay rates and vote) the problems at the moment, but also make sure you comment on the benifits of the jumps they have built so far and the positive influence it's having on local youth and the ridign sceene. If someone localy has done well in a national or international race atribute the jumps some credit as a "traning facility".

Basically when you write a leter to a council remember;
Be greatfull for what you have got so far.
Address you Issue from a saftey liability point of view (this means it would be irrisponsible of the council not to follow up on your letter)
Make following up on your letter easy for them, include suggestions, site drawings, photos of other jump parks and contact details for people like a local club, local track designers. And give them a list of vollunteer names and contact No. (or e-mail) so they know they can rely on cheap labour from the outset.

If you dont feel confident on a letter like that make a start and post it up so we can all have a go at editing it for you, Farkin could probably do with a good general proposal Letter template.

DEMONATION

Likes Dirt
Jacko Wacko said:
get used to it buddy!
i guess ill have to get used to it considering nobody is giving me any encouragement or advice and giving me shit when i have tried everything. I HAVE WRITTEN A LETTER! my mates have alsom written well structured letters!

enjoi

Likes Bikes
I think any trails that are built for public use are going to get built, re-built and flattened. I learnt a long time ago that if you want to maintain a good trail that suits your liking, you are going to have to build your own in a secret location.
It might be hard work but thats the only way I can think of maintaining quality jumps.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
We have the same problem in our area where people change the local jumps to their liking. Our problem is no one knows who built the jumps originally so blokes riding their little 50cc motos changed all the jumps to suit them. In one or two words they fucked them altogether. I don't know the blokes who changed the jumps but some friends do. I told my friends to tell them that we need to work together here. Lets make the jumps to suit all of us, there will be spots where we won't agree but that is the way it is.
All of the people using the trails / jumps should be consulted and informed of changes. That way, the trail will be well maintained and made for everyones liking. If people don't like a trail, they shouldn't change it. In fact, DON'T CHANGE THE TRAIL BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SUIT YOU. Piss off and build something else that suits you. On our DH trails, some sections have become a bit stale so I made alternate lines around them without changing the existing trail. Many options is great, every run can be different.
If you don't get along with the people that use the jumps because they have different styles to you then make something else elsewhere. If it is council land, you have to do what they say because YOU DON'T OWN IT.
Don't whinge anymore, you posted something that was going to get opinions and now you're getting narky about it. Not everyone agrees with each other. All riding skills start somewhere and we should all respect that.

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stpzeroridah said:
In the area near my place, I sent a request to the council to get an area where we were allowed to build jumps. Just contact your local council and write a PROPERLY FORMATTED letter. I.E no "Oh um can we plz get sum dirt at da jumpz park, dat wud be much apreshiated"
If you do it properly, the council will look much more lightly upon it than some half assed job. Let me know how it turns out
good luck
regards
Matt

I did this for our council and i even gave them evidence that other councils have done this EG San Remo and they wrote an email back asking where this place is when i put it to them in writing with a link to the website of the council. I even suggested a pay to use scheme and when they wrote back they said to call i did but they didnt understand someone walking to a gate paying $5 to cover insurance and riding on mounds of dirt!!!!!!!