Who or what is Sub9? (Phantom Cycles, I'm looking at you)

Rik

logged out
Instead of doing the smart thing and emailing those responsible, I thought it'd be more fun to start a thread which can deviate in to all sorts of rumours and innuendo on its downward journey :D

Did anyone else receive an email from sub9.com.au? It was just a "test" but I assume it was mistakenly sent. A whois search puts them at the same address as Phantom Cycles, but that's all I've seen so far...

...so, what's going on? The URL gives no clues and there's nothing on the site. Anyone want to fill in the gaps?

tu plang

knob
yeah i got that email too

sub9.com.au

Domain Name: sub9.com.au
Last Modified: 21-Jun-2006 08:04:04 UTC
Registrar ID: PlanetDomain
Registrar Name: PlanetDomain

Registrant: CATALYST IMPORTS PTY LTD
Registrant ID: ABN 79104447163
Eligibility Type: Company

Registrant ROID: C3992397-AR
Registrant Contact Name: Kerry Moroz
Registrant Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Tech ID: 362936221
Tech Name: Kerry Moroz
Tech Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Name Server: ns1.tx25.com
Name Server: ns2.tx25.com

Phantom

Triffid Farmer
Yep that email was a blunder by the OS IT guys pointing our mailer to the wrong database.
Hence it was sent at 3am in the morning.

Sub 9 is simply a holding company name and master database to cut down time on paperwork and and allow us to use the same image on multiple sites.
It will all make sense shortly.

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that answers the question. But why did you think it was related to Phantom Cycles, the email I got just had this:

test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wish to unsubscribe the newsletter, please visit the following URL:
http://www.sub9.com.au/mail/unsubscribe.php?email=rockin-rider@hotmail.com&listid=1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for using our shopping system
Sub9
Phone: 1300362453
Fax: 0246831226
URL: www.sub9.com.au

Rik

logged out
Simple... did a whois on the domain. Kerry @ Tahmoor owns it, and I know that's Mr Phantom. Checked Phantom's Whois for confirmation, came on here to gloat my internerd stalker prowess :rolleyes:

It's the name I'm wondering about, what is it and why?