Who owns/regularly rides/jumps mtb and bmx

No Licence

Likes Bikes
Hey i bought myself a sweet wethepeople Addict on friday and thus far haven really riden it. Ive only started jumping my stp the last couple of weeks and being 6'2" i feel comfy on it. The last time i rode BMX when i was at school i was still over 6 foot but now i jump on the bmx an it feels a bit weird. I was wondering if anyone else rides both regularly and can get on either and bust out the moves as such.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went bmx then to a few years on mounto's now back on bmx. Transition took me like a week, being 6' 1". Trick is just to make sure you've got the bike setup right, also an addict at 20.75, you might find the frame cramps you a bit. And this has been jumping both without too much difficulty. Mtb is definately more stable at speed, but its so much harder to throw round and manouvre.

Twitch.

Cannon Fodder
I ride both regularly and it takes a bit to adjust. If you ride both often enough you will eventually be able to just jump on either and go. :)

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
It's just time on the bike. I was the same, and thought I'd never really adjust to the ridiculous circus clown wheels on the BMX. Don't even think about it anymore, everything has adapted. I've found not trying to do tricks and just focusing on the fundamentals and getting relaxed/comfortable has been much more productive that flyout 360's and trying to be awesome.

digyourown

Likes Bikes
i attempt to ride both. ive set my bikes up so they feel pretty similar. since i put big bars on the bmx it feels awesome, i dont want to get off it. bugger the big clunker, bring on the twitchy manouverable one.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I ride a stock (26") trials bike, dually MTB for AM & DH & ride park on a BMX. I don't do dirt jumping. For me it doesn't make any difference as each bike is used for quite a different purpose, the only cross over is Trials/BMX where some moves are similar but the techniques to do them are different depending on the bike.

pryaz

Likes Dirt
I used to ride both, mtb for dirt jumping, BMX for skatepark. I found I wasn't progressing much in either dj or park, so I ditched the mountain bike and I've ridden dj and park both on a BMX so there's no need to adapt. I've found it a lot easier and I recommend to just to stick with one type of bike.

Crazy-Kiwi

Likes Bikes
if your a confident rider it shouldn't really matter. i love my mtb but i also love my Bmx which i only use for dj and street. i can switch from either in a second.
dirt jumping for life!!!

No Licence

Likes Bikes
yeah i agree about setting the bike up better, id like some new bars probably. i rode it today just to work. Just so i can get comfy on it but yeah it still feels cramped to sit an ride but standing up which is all you do when jumping is getting more comfy. Even as far as getting better grips and having the brake lever on the right side will help with having it how i want it.