mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

Im looking into getting a Trails bike.

Just wondering,

Who here runs a Chair (seat)
And
Who runs a De-railer?

What frames should I look at. I want to do more natural terrain stuff.
thnx!

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are some of te advantages/disadvantages of running seats and derraliurs?

Yeah

Im rockin a Monty 220 Hydra 20" with a seat it's good to sit down when youre not ridin so you can watch your mates do sompthing stupid you can watch them hurt themselvs Cheers

Last edited:

?-uoſ-¿

Likes Bikes
No seat and no gears FTW.

If you are talking natural I would say go for something with a longish wheelbase (1070+) and no seat. Seats and gears is really up to the individual, and how serious you are about the riding you do. If all you would ever to do with the bike is ride trials, you would find you would only ever use the one gear anyway and are just carrying useless weight around. Just dont think about commuting with it. Riding more than a k standing, and with 18-16 ratio is so crap!

If you are even thinking you could handle doing a whole ride standing up then go seatless, you wont regret it. Most of the seated frames are shorter in wheelbase and more so aimed at street riders but there are still a lot of people that ride seated trials bikes very very well no matter what the terrain.

Echo range of frames are good to get started on. Cheap and tough. Or look on Observedtrials.net, always second hand bargains popping up there.

- Jon

Dinga 2319

Likes Bikes
You dont realy need a seat because its usualy to low to sit on. Gears are a personal preference. If you are just starting out you dont realy need gears.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you are doing natural terrain you will need a seat.

don't have gears... enough said

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You dont realy need a seat because its usualy to low to sit on. Gears are a personal preference. If you are just starting out you dont realy need gears.
you can say that after your balls get stuck between your downtube and your tyre after hopping of a 6 foot boulder!

your right about gears, pis em off, derailleurs are annoying