who thinks northshore should be banned from dh tracks

Should north shore be allowed in race tracks?

• Total voters

CrookS

Likes Dirt
There is no place in dh tracks for stupid little wooden ewok structures. Fair enough if you want to explore the ewok villages but keep them away from dh tracks.

junior

get out of my grill
there should not be any north shore on race tracks!! only pallet jumps. but there is many options for freeride tracks :) just keep the north shore away form dh tracks

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Depends. Wooden northshore style berms and stuff arnt to bad. Northshore shouldnt be put where it aint needed.

S.

ex offender
Rom said:
Depends. Wooden northshore style berms and stuff arnt to bad. Northshore shouldnt be put where it aint needed.
For sure... I was very anti-NS-in-race-courses till I rode the You Yangs, but that's a sick track and the NS only improves it.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
yeah im fully anti-NS, but fair enough they can be on normal track out there but not on any race track.

frank says: NO to NS on race tracks.

NO! MORE NS....otherwise you have to go around all the hard bits that would otherwise be accessible without the ns, like the top ns wooden berm at YY, sure beat the B line, i reacon theyre should be NS but only where needed....more pallet jumps/drops though

Tim

Likes Dirt
it's a simple fact wooden structures and one of the biggest factors for getting tracks closed down. So only build them if there on your own property. I hate NS especially the skinny stuff, mainly because i like going fast and you cant go fast on skinny stuff.

Tim

toodles

Wheel size expert
I don't mind pallet jumps and the little wooden bridges (like 1 metre long and 2 foot wide) used in DH tracks to improve their flow, but no I don't think I'd like to see see-saws or skinny raised bridges in a DH race course.

RippingDragon

Likes Bikes
If the create flow and allow you to maintain speed and of course style then they can be a valuable addition in moderation. But I think NS obstacles are silly.

CrookS

Likes Dirt
Tim said:
it's a simple fact wooden structures and one of the biggest factors for getting tracks closed down. So only build them if there on your own property. I hate NS especially the skinny stuff, mainly because i like going fast and you cant go fast on skinny stuff.

Tim
Totally agree Not as much just race tracks any dh track that has been turned into a freeride haven keep it all to its own thing.
(just to note something if there is a wooden structure to be built cos of the ersoion or whatever the rangers say is fine only cos its keeps the tracks there. must be wide

floody

Wheel size expert
Only wooden structures that should be on race tracks should be either retaining walls (ie for berms, backsides of jumps) or drainage structures, not that ewok village crap. Its fun for play riding but gay for racing.

trobb

Likes Dirt
Common guys stop winging. If there is a ladder or an a frame or even a hole big section of ns it doesn't really effect you or your riding. everyone has to hit it so it's not like someone can take an easyer line, if you ride dh you should know that more tracks then less will have some ns somewhere and i think that makes it even better, if no track had ns then finally one would and because you would have never riden it before you would be shit. It developes your riding skills and helps you be a better rider, if it's wet you can put that wire stuff over it - PROBLEM SOLVED!