Who wants to dog sit for 3 weeks?

Katdog

Likes Bikes
I need someone to look after my dog while I go riding in Japan between August 26 and September 16, and I can't bear the thought of sending her to a kennel!

Her name is Maddie, her favourite food is gravy and she loves mountain biking, running through puddles, playing with other dogs and having her tummy rubbed. She is de-sexed, rarely barks, is house trained and abides by our house rules of no jumping on furniture and staying out of the kitchen.

If you want to take her riding she will happily run along behind a mountain bike for 25km, probably longer but I haven't tested it. Single track is better because the ground is generally softer on her paws, she can take short cuts, and she can't keep up as well on fast fire roads. She is hopeless around cars though, so she needs to be on a lead on roads. And she will be tempted to follow other people on bikes too if you go riding somewhere busy with her.

Ideally I'm looking for someone in the Ballarat area willing to look after her at their home, but I'm happy to drop her off further afield. It doesn't matter whether she is inside or outside and it would be great if you have dogs because she can be timid at first but is very social and really enjoys their company. She is always happy for other dogs to be the boss too. She is very gentle with kids and has put up with a 2 year old pulling her tail and giving her a hard time (as kids tend to do) without a problem.

You'll need to have a secure backyard as she can jump quite high and will squeeze under any fence if there is a big enough gap.

I'm happy to provide food, kennel and bedding.

I'd consider paying too, since the other options I have are taking her to a kennel, or dropping her off to a dog-sit place in Melbourne for $15-$30 per day.

Send me a pm, or reply to this thread if you're interested.

Cheers
Kat

Attachments

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry I can't help you out, as I live in Newcastle NSW and my yard isn't fenced, but I just couldn't resist commenting.

Maddie looks like a beautiful dog. Is she a wolfhound by chance?

How do you go about training your best mate to follow you on 25km rides? That sounds awesome!

Katdog

Likes Bikes
Maddie is a bit of a mixed breed, but I think there is some wolf hound in there.

Training her to run behind the bike was easy, she just did it. Training her to drink from a camel back was a bit more interesting!

taibo

Eats Squid
Hope someone can help you out!
I would of taken her for sure if you were in Sydney! I know how hard it is to find someone to look after your dog when going away having three dogs of my own!

CQP

Likes Bikes
Hi Katdog, I live in Ballarat and I think I've seen you and your dog out on the trails a couple of times. Your dog is gorgeous. Come to think of it, so are you!! I'd be really interested in getting to know both you and your dog.

Give me a PM or reply to this thread if you want to hook up for a ride some time.

Chris.