Who's had bunion/s

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I only recently learnt WTF a bunion is.....I bunionised my left foot last April with a high powered 'dab' that saved an out of control moment from becoming a pretty nasty stack. Rolled out of it nearly passing out from intense pain and did several more runs. Had Giro Riddance flat specific shoes on, I thought they had a pretty sturdy toe box but my 100kg must have been a bit too much.
It took a few months to settle down but has never been 100% since, and recently I've been getting pain in the middle of the ball of the foot.
Off to see a Podiatrist in a week or so.

Have any of you old gits had bunions treated or fixed in any way or do you just live with it ?

moorey

call me Mia
Not bunions...but currently dealing with what was a very small plantar wart. Wish I’d left it alone.

I’ve had another bone lump most of my live....not a bunion I don’t think...Hope it doesn’t develop into one.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not bunions...but currently dealing with what was a very small plantar wart. Wish I’d left it alone. View attachment 364395

I’ve had another bone lump most of my live....not a bunion I don’t think...Hope it doesn’t develop into one.
Dude that’s so gnarly! All gross and pussy.
Time to remove the foot. Get a sick peg leg.

I hope you’re making the missus life terrible for putting you through this.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
A bunion is a bony growth that pushes your big toe around, I'm pretty sure it's not something you could get instantly from a dab, that's more likely a dislocated toe. If the pain is where one of your middle toes joins the ball of your foot it's more likely metatarsalgia which is pretty common in bike riders, roadies call it hot foot and it's a bitch.
I copped it earlier in the year from doing big kms on the bike skate shoes, I reckon it was about 3 months to heal

creaky

XMAS Plumper
A bunion is a bony growth that pushes your big toe around, I'm pretty sure it's not something you could get instantly from a dab, that's more likely a dislocated toe. If the pain is where one of your middle toes joins the ball of your foot it's more likely metatarsalgia which is pretty common in bike riders, roadies call it hot foot and it's a bitch.
I copped it earlier in the year from doing big kms on the bike skate shoes, I reckon it was about 3 months to heal
I had a mild cuboid bone issue on the outside of the foot from an ankle twist running (on dirt so that's ok hey?). There's heaps of little interconnected bones so highly probable that something's slightly displaced from the dabbing incident.

sbm

Likes Bikes
Yeah I'm gunna second that it sounds more like a sprained toe than a bunion, which takes years of poorly fitting shoes to develop.

I have a mild bunions, with a worse one on the foot that is slightly larger, from a decade of brutally tight rock climbing shoes. I picked up a pair of these toe spacers called "Correct Toes" that I wear after climbing sessions these days and they stretch my toes back out and help prevent pain. Unfortunately I see they're real expensive now (bloody Aussie dollar) but they have lasted forever and I genuinely think they help and are worth it if you wear fitted performance shoes a lot, and are starting down the road of horrendous bulgy bent big toes.