Why do my legs hurt?

Hi all, have recently got back on a bike after long term travelling with the family and seem to have located some muscles that have not been worked since the last time I was on a bike.
Has been great being able to get out with my kids again although my wife is not so sure about that as I am in trouble for telling my 7yo that he could go down a big hill and be alright if he just kept the brakes on. Well a flip over the handlebars and a trip to hospital told me he was not quite ready for it.
Anyway just here to say howdy.

stirk

Burner
How's it going.

My son did similar, I now tell him not to touch the front brake downhill until he learns how to partially apply the brakes not either off or full on!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There is only ever on or off...I recommend off.

Ramp up your hydration schedule and the leg muscles will recover better and play longer.

Unfortunately my son had let go of the brakes less than halfway down the hill and fell due to speed wobbles at the bottom of the hill.
I have located and dusted off the camel backs so should stay nicely hydrated while bringing up the rear of the family rides now. Only catch up with my youngest two when they want a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nakedape

Likes Dirt
My son flew over a berm on his first mtb adventure - par for the course.

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Same here. I still have a few faint scars from being tossed off the board after a steep hill. Was a good idea until the off

I live a few kms ride from Lysterfield lake and was wondering if any of the tracks are child and fat assed father friendly.
I might have trouble getting mr 7yo there as we would have to go down the dreaded hill to Birdsland then over to Wellington rd, so might have to drive there.

ualf

Likes Dirt
I live a few kms ride from Lysterfield lake and was wondering if any of the tracks are child and fat assed father friendly.
I might have trouble getting mr 7yo there as we would have to go down the dreaded hill to Birdsland then over to Wellington rd, so might have to drive there.

Most of the trails at Lystie will be fine.

You might want to keep him off Granite Link and stick to B-Lines on Follow Me and Aneurysm (See map link below)

http://ldtr.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/LDTR-Brochure-LR-2015.pdf

We also have a small skills park in the south west corner of the park where you can teach him how to ride the various features you are likely to find on the trails.

Last but not least you could consider joining the club that builds and maintains your local trails --> http://ldtr.org/?page_id=2

Hope to see you outside.

Most of the trails at Lystie will be fine.

You might want to keep him off Granite Link and stick to B-Lines on Follow Me and Aneurysm (See map link below)

http://ldtr.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/LDTR-Brochure-LR-2015.pdf

We also have a small skills park in the south west corner of the park where you can teach him how to ride the various features you are likely to find on the trails.

Last but not least you could consider joining the club that builds and maintains your local trails --> http://ldtr.org/?page_id=2

Hope to see you outside.
Joining the club sounds like it could be good fun to get out with a couple of the kids and help out.
How often do you meet for maintenance and building?
Is there a young riders club on weekends at all there during warmer months?

ualf

Likes Dirt
Joining the club sounds like it could be good fun to get out with a couple of the kids and help out.
How often do you meet for maintenance and building?
Is there a young riders club on weekends at all there during warmer months?

We try to organise trail maintenance days once a month except for December where everyone has too much on.

A lot of people ask about organising events for kids. unfortunately no one with young kids is willing to step up and manage kids rides or events. Honestly we get about two individuals asking a week. We would certainly love to have someone join up and volunteer at running some kids events. I'm quite sure that many of our members would be happy to provide support and the demand is certainly there.