Why do we do it?

ilovemtb

Likes Bikes
just sitting at my computer when i became curious. Why do we love mountain biking so much.

I do it for the adrenaline rush and it offers a challenge.

So why do you do it?

Staunch

Eats Squid
Because if we don't the leprechauns will burn down our houses.

Apart from that ^ for the adrenaline, the fun of it, getting to hang out with mates, forgetting about other stuff and showing off to people.

Last edited:

moodybluebob

Likes Dirt
for me its escaping from reality.

riding is my own personal time, even if i share it with mates, it takes me away/takes my mind of the real life.

good way to escape the shit that happens.

Paddyboy

Likes Bikes
as above.

Good time to get away, think about stuff.

Also to get fitness, feel like im achieving something. Its always a good start to the day if I better yesterdays performance (I commute everyday, race myself).

Makes me not feel lazy coz work sometimes can be very slow.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have to say I agree with all of the above, but for me, it's definatly more so for the escape from reality and just it's something I have total control over basically. The adrenaline rush is just an added bonus when you try something new or hit something big or get the wanted podium result

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I do it so i can be awesome =] more awesome than awesome, and more awesome than i'll ever be at awesome, cos i'm awesome ;)

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
you dont get any girls the best u could do is nick and shaun.

and as far as the money goes i haven't seen u make squat
I get paid at the top of the track, where you never go. And what's wrong with Nick and Shaun? If I close my eyes they're almost girls....

fentoozler

Banned
i do it because when im on my bike the only thing i have to think of is where to next. theres nothing like the rush of flying down a hill or flying through the air:D nothing beats it.
anyway thats my deep thought for the day:D

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitness, the love to ride, the challenge of hitting something new up or getting a line super fast. To get away from the real life, being in the bush, with mates, doing what i love is the answer.
Tom.

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i do it for the feeling you get of boosting the gap, railing the berm and most of all the feeling of knowing "this is gonna suck when i land".