Why is it...?

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys ! But hasn't anyone else got anything to show us ??

perfo8er: I got kicked off because the owner is raving homo that wanted to rule the site like a dictator........or in his case a dicktaker.

Nah, seriously, Aaron the owner banned a few of my mates(one that i chat to all the time) for no apparent reason other than he didn't like them so i lent my account to one of the banned so he could reply to a few people putting shit on him. Guess Aaron didn't like that...........

S.

ex offender
ahaha I never found out why exactly I got banned... maybe they were waiting for a confession or something?

S.

ex offender
That is farkin awesome gus... don't they have some huge amount of pins too?

What's the spindle made out of?

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
mtbdh_girl said:
:?: Why is it that so many people on this forum are into design? There seems to be a larger than average number of CAD/ CAE operators on here... even just the average person.

I started wondering whether everyone here just thinks they can come up with better designs for parts or bikes than the big companies? Why is this?

Do any of you expect your designs to be produced? Have any of you produced one of your designs? Even just one offs? How have they measured up?

Just curious...!
one reason that you find a lot of CAD Monkeys on PB's like this is when we ask the workstation (pc) to do some work a little red light comes on (Unigraphics) and we can not do anything untill it goes green. also alot have ripped copies of the software at home where they redsign parts for personal use.

me im fedup designing car parts that i can not be bothered to design bike stuff i just go out and ride 8)

nick

fastrider gus

super huck
they have 16 6mm pins per side.. i used roll pins (heaps cheaper because i needed 64 of the suckers) they go into the pedal 10mm so im not rippin them out anytime soon..
i used the spindle and main bearing from my V12's..

wombat

Lives in a hole
Wow, Gus I'm impressed. Machining up stuff like that to fit other parts is a bitch. Well done. Got any finished pics?

Dan

Likes Dirt
WOAAHH. thats FKN awesome machining!!!! sweet! i wish i could do that :) or at least know someone who could!!!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work Gus, i assume your still using these ?? I was thinking(actually one of my mates was trying to get me to) of making some like the BMW shinburgers. In the end i decided it was too much work when i can buy new peddles so much cheaper.
I'd like to see a pic of the finished product if you have any.

fastrider gus

super huck
yea when i go back to school ill get a pic.
i planned to make a copy of the shin burgers but i couldnt get aluminium big enough..
it cost me about $35 all up..
it wasnt too hard actually, just time consuming..