Why you should google/youtube first.

nathanm

Eats Squid
It's really jammed on there.

Ive true using sharp sticks and harsh language but still no go.

Is there an easier way to get it off as I can't be arsed getting a gear puller.

Also need a 12mm Allen key.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What type? If its a hg cassette the best way is to use a big flat head srewdriver to force the cogs back out of the notches in the freehub.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
It's really jammed on there.

Ive true using sharp sticks and harsh language but still no go.

Is there an easier way to get it off as I can't be arsed getting a gear puller.

Also need a 12mm Allen key.
what brand of sharp sticks?...unless its blue and costs $300 you are wasting your time
you have pulled off the lockring, right?.. ;)

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Best way in future is to hold the biggest cog with a gloved hand and use the chain whip to rotate the bound up individual gears anti-clockwise. This will get them out of the gouges in the freehub and it will come right off.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Best way in future is to hold the biggest cog with a gloved hand and use the chain whip to rotate the bound up individual gears anti-clockwise. This will get them out of the gouges in the freehub and it will come right off.
Yeah saw that on YouTube with the 2 chain whip technique. Did give it a bit of that first but I doubt it was coming off without force. The Freehub is toast regardless

nathanm

Eats Squid
Dress it up with a file, get all the ridges and lumps off it, maybe a bit of life left in it yet.
Unfortunately the lock ring threads are stripped and I can't get it restarted as well.

Worst case I will replace with 11 spd and upgrade drivetrain I suppose

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Unfortunately the lock ring threads are stripped and I can't get it restarted as well.

Worst case I will replace with 11 spd and upgrade drivetrain I suppose
Ahhh... used to be XT cassette and Hope alu freehub, gouged to shit everytime. As long as you can buy the freehub cheapish....

nathanm

Eats Squid
Ahhh... used to be XT cassette and Hope alu freehub, gouged to shit everytime. As long as you can buy the freehub cheapish....
Dont make them anymore. Had an awesome rotorburner send me two for free and fucking Aus post has lost them.