why you should run 4 sprocket bolts........ not 2:)

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
after a bit of a street sesh..... after a bit of a clunk................ and after a sore knee = my mate leons sprocket

Baileys

Banned
Well there is the problem, your chain is upsidedown (sp?)
WONG the problem is that chain rings are not designed to used unless they line up correctly with the receiving recesses on the spider. Only running 2 chain ring bolts would have them missing this recess.
Also with the way that he has single speeded his stp with a half link chain wouldnt be so bad if he used a single speed tensioner with the little jockey wheel. There would have been mega pressure on the chain ring and i bet his chainline was buggered also.

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
WONG the problem is that chain rings are not designed to used unless they line up correctly with the receiving recesses on the spider. Only running 2 chain ring bolts would have them missing this recess.
Also with the way that he has single speeded his stp with a half link chain wouldnt be so bad if he used a single speed tensioner with the little jockey wheel. There would have been mega pressure on the chain ring and i bet his chainline was buggered also.
Yes I know that running your chain unpsidedown would not have broken the sprocket, I was merely pointing out that it was on backwards.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there was a thread a few weeks back about riding on 2 chainring bolts... at the end of the thread it was advised that the user get some more bolts

Sic

Likes Dirt
Why wouldnt you just get 2 more bolts and avoid the drama in the first place? It would have cost you about 2 bucks....

aidz44

Likes Dirt
true 4 bolts is definitely better. but from what i can see in the pic, the bolts are side by side ... at least put them on opposing ends of the sprocket.