Why you wear longsleeve shirts and get bar ends

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, the burn on my arm is from my tyre (was wearing a singlet) and the circle on my chest is from getting stabbed with the cookie cutter.
Had I not been running lock-on grips it may well have penetrated a lot further and posed a major health risk.

JasO

Likes Dirt
Yeh and people really wear body armour at skateparks and dirt jumps.... :rolleyes:
I also dig your nipples. ;)
Well at the end of the day it's up to the individual rider. If you feel you should be wearing it then wear it, obviously a lot of people out there today just feel safe enough with a hat and singlet. It's all good and fun until you face plant the curb.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How the fluck did you do that?

At my local there's a transfer out of the back of the bowl, it's only about a 1m gap, really nice to boost and float. It's kinda cut into the hill the bowl's cut into, and so to either side of it theres a transfer that's like 4m away.
I wanted to jump it, so I got as much speed as I could and boosted as high as I could out of the bowl.
I was about mid-flight when I realised I was starting to nose-dive, I pretty much baild in mid-air 9like 2.5/3m high, and as I was putting my arm out to protect my face from the ground my tyre buzzed it. When I finally hit the ground (I seemd to hang in the air for like 5 minutes) my from wheel jack-knifed and i went straight A over T and the end of my bar gave me some sweet penetration.