Wich Brakes?

giant_boy

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i am looking to spend 350 on a set of brakes for downhill. What brakes would you guys suggest?
cheers:)

SANGER

Likes Dirt
i just picked my self up a set of 07 avid codes for $350 off farkin. They have a massive amount of braking and for the price are an awsome upgrade.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Juicy 7's, or code 5's.
I have code 5's on my A-line, haven't skipped a beat yet.

kinga

Likes Dirt
juicy 7 if your on a budget, just upgraded my dh rig to 8 inch juicy 7 F & R, for $250. SHop around, you can get some good near new second hand stuff here and new stuff online.
Maybe try searching as other people here have stated, its asked almost as frequently as "hard tail or dual suspension"
Maybe try searching for "Which brake" not "wich brake" might help lol.

Wildurbeast

Likes Bikes
Hayes Stroker V8

Hey mate,

Just picked up a set of Hayes Stroker Carbon V8's for $300 direct from Japan. Saved heaps of $$$. THe seller is some guy called Goboseller on Ebay, he sells shitloads of shimano stuff much cheaper. Don't get me wrong i love supporting the local bike shop, but if i can save $300 then i have to sell my soul to the devil.

After 2 runs they bedded in nicely, have a shitload of bite, and a nice modulation...that's only comparing to my older set of Hayes 9's that i ran for a couple of years, so not much to go on.

The levers on the Stroker can be set up nicely and they feel shitloads more ergo than the Hayes 9's.

Never had a set of avids, some of my mates run with them and they say they're awsome as well.

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
yeah i've bought alot of stuff off gobseller on ebay aswell.
I've got hays strokers they are excelant breakes especialy because of the tooless adjustability.