Widget

4x_boy

Likes Dirt
Hey everybody i have heard a lot about the Widget. I ride with alot of people that have one. They are great, super light, awesome colours and work like a charm. For those of you that have one tell me what you think. If your a mountain biker i think it is defiantly worth a look.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
If you're refering to the chainring/guide that attaches to the granny tabs, it met a mixed reception here on Rotorburn.

Read more here...

highharry

Likes Dirt
I run one on my 4x bike as well as my cross country bike. They have both worked with out fault for a good year or so now with the only minor tweak of the outer guide everynow and then. It can be done on simply with a pair of pliers. There are new sizes and colours available soon as well. If you are a little hesitant drop into the chain gang and talk to paul about it all or ask one of the guys for a test ride on a bike with one. Recently at an enduro they podiumed against guys with triples so they definitely arnt a draw back.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Seems to be one of a number of reasonable solutions to a self inflicted problem for those that want less than 2x9 and some chain security

floody

Wheel size expert
Its still pointless and out functioned by virtually every other 1x? setup out there.

I'd rather run an E13 LG1+ , E13 XCX or MRP 1X over this thing any day of the week. At the absolute worst there you get a little noise and a ~90g penalty (LG1+ and E13 G-ring) over the widget with full choice over chainring sizes, individual component replaceability, and potentially even a bashguard at the heavy end of things. Actually running an XCX or 1X is effectively no weight difference, or slightly lighter....

highharry

Likes Dirt
4x boy, the ibis was pauls old bike before he got the santa cruz. The widget wasnt the issue with the ibis blowing out either, snapped the chain then mistakenly put on an 8speed chain link instead of 9speed. the titus is the bike i ride most often, admittedly hasnt been much of late with all the road stuff, we had a widget on the blur xc carbon at the old hidden vale race. They can have slight issues and thats why i put the lg1+ guide on the yeti as im trying to sell it.