Wierd Folding Bike!

norco01

Likes Dirt
Max. weight tolerance: 45kg..does that mean it can only take a rider that weighs 45kg or under?

IMO i dont like it, i wonder what would happen if you took it off a gutter:rolleyes:

tu plang

knob
Yeah... fantastic. My search is finally over for a bike that can toss me over the bars at the sight of a 3" obstacle.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, I see them around every once in a while over here. If I remember correctly, I think they are an Australian invention.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Well, it's be a reasonable purchase if:
  • You absolutely had to have a "bike" that could fold down as tiny as possible
  • You can't use a normal "Razor" scooter for some reason
  • You're prepared to pick up your bike for whenever the surface you're riding on isn't perfectly smooth
  • You want to look wierd/dumb/silly and want strangers to ask you questions

Apart from that, it's pretty dumb.

I mean, just buy a scooter, for crissakes. Folds down even smaller, and will perform about the same as this bike.

With wheels that small, what's the point?

A very similar idea but much more sensible execution:

http://www.newint.com/catalog/bike-strida-fold-up.htm

I'd still have to be a bit desperate to use it though...

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, it's be a reasonable purchase if:
  • You absolutely had to have a "bike" that could fold down as tiny as possible
  • You can't use a normal "Razor" scooter for some reason
  • You're prepared to pick up your bike for whenever the surface you're riding on isn't perfectly smooth
  • You want to look wierd/dumb/silly and want strangers to ask you questions

Apart from that, it's pretty dumb.

I mean, just buy a scooter, for crissakes. Folds down even smaller, and will perform about the same as this bike.

With wheels that small, what's the point?

A very similar idea but much more sensible execution:

http://www.newint.com/catalog/bike-strida-fold-up.htm

I'd still have to be a bit desperate to use it though...
Now thats what I'm talken, I could ride to work on that beast! :rolleyes:

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Although not many people on Farkin would even think of riding a bike like this, let alone buying one, it actually has a cool feature. Supposedly, it's COMPLETELY rustproof. Even the drivetrain which is actually a nylon belt (like used in your car for your fan-belt and such).

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I have a mate that does ride to work on one of those. We call it his Clown bike.

Problem with the belt drive is that it slips if you stand up and pedal so watching him sit down and grind it up a hill is deadset Hilarious.

J

JaRedy

wtf is that!, it looks like one of those trolleys grannys use to walk, only with 2 wheels

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a mate that does ride to work on one of those. We call it his Clown bike.

Problem with the belt drive is that it slips if you stand up and pedal so watching him sit down and grind it up a hill is deadset Hilarious.
Get some pics of him riding it! :D