Wiggle pays penalty for misleading consumers about their rights

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's not naivety, it's part of the business model. The old corporate tradeoff efficiency. Gerry fckwit Harvey is renowned for it with Harvey Norman. He even had signs up in store at some point attempting to limit people's rights to refunds and warranties.
I cannot understand why someone would voluntarily go to Harvey Norman apart from showrooming their stuff and finding a better deal elsewhere. The few time's I've been there have involved being followed by salesdroids offering pressurised 'help' and getting pissy if you ask for a sharper price. Just an unpleasant experience overall.

I'm sure Harvey Norman had a fried bag' o' dicks stand for their management to munch on.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I cannot understand why someone would voluntarily go to Harvey Norman apart from showrooming their stuff and finding a better deal elsewhere. The few time's I've been there have involved being followed by salesdroids offering pressurised 'help' and getting pissy if you ask for a sharper price. Just an unpleasant experience overall.
I actually went in at the w/e because I'm in the market for a new TV - damn you storms - and I found that the pricing is pretty sharp (although to be honest I haven't researched that hard), I won't buy from them but it gives me a basepoint for haggling.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of retailers know people just don't have the time or patience to follow up a lot of these warranties so they get away with it.
Absolutely right. They just rely on consumers not knowing their rights or having the patience to check. I’ve educated myself and have smashed a number of retailers, including big ones like apple when they try and bullshit me.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Absolutely right. They just rely on consumers not knowing their rights or having the patience to check. I’ve educated myself and have smashed a number of retailers, including big ones like apple when they try and bullshit me.
Yeah, they'll try and put it over you if they can.

I'm sure Harvey Norman had a fried bag' o' dicks stand for their management to munch on.
Harvey Norman are usually full of fuckstick sales people. I went in there to buy a Cannon printer, sales person says they're crap blah, blah, talks me into a HP and it's been the biggest heap of shit printer I've ever owned, The ink runs out really quick, it hardly ever wants to link up to my Lap top, always some different error code coming up on it. Just about every time I need to print something out in a hurry or that's important it fails and I've got to spend hours trying to fix it.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Yeah, they'll try and put it over you if they can.

Harvey Norman are usually full of fuckstick sales people. I went in there to buy a Cannon printer, sales person says they're crap blah, blah, talks me into a HP and it's been the biggest heap of shit printer I've ever owned, The ink runs out really quick, it hardly ever wants to link up to my Lap top, always some different error code coming up on it. Just about every time I need to print something out in a hurry or that's important it fails and I've got to spend hours trying to fix it.
That’s every goddamn home printer on the market now. None of them will fucking work when you need them. Either can’t connect, dried up ink jets or worse still - eventually get it to connect only to find out the ink jets have shat themselves. It’s quicker just to spend the 45mins driving into work and back.

John U

MTB Precision
That’s every goddamn home printer on the market now. None of them will fucking work when you need them. Either can’t connect, dried up ink jets or worse still - eventually get it to connect only to find out the ink jets have shat themselves. It’s quicker just to spend the 45mins driving into work and back.
Same here. My hp laser jet, black and white, plug in with a cable is reliable but it’s ancient. My canon colour job fucks around for 20 minutes when you ask it to print something, and then tells me it’s not going to do the job. Forget using wireless or any of that other fancy shit. Lost cause.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had two cannons, first one was a black and white one and it lasted about 6 years, 2nd was a bubble jet and that lasted about 6 years without too many issues but couldn't get it to work on my win10 because of out dated drivers and the service warning needed to be cancelled. It was going to cost more to get it serviced than a new one.

Bought the HP Photo smart plus, from day I had to return it and get a replacement because it wouldn't load the small photo paper. It's had almost every problem under the sun, paper jambs in the rollers and all.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember that win10 update, resulted in me spending quality time at the folks place updating HP printer drivers, no joke.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I pretty much only use MTB Direct for my online purchases. Those guys give great service and work hard to find a solution when there is an issue.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
That’s every goddamn home printer on the market now.
+1. Constant updates, always complaining about ink levels that always seem to be low. then asking for cleaning cycles and all sorts of other crap.

My shitty epson refuses to print black and white because the yellow cartridge is out, even tough I am asking it to print greyscale! FUUUUUUUU!

Last edited: