will it fit?

eerrggh

Likes Dirt
hey all,
i'm thinking about buying an e13 after i just broke my little stock bashgaurd. As far as measurements go, will i just need to buy a 4 bolt e13 so it'll fit my cranks or are there some sort of other measurements i should be taking?

Thx

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your cranks are 4 bolt 104bcd (pretty much all 4 bolts are), then yes, just a 4 bolt (104bcd) bashie.

Just for reference - 104bcd means 104mm between the two opposing bolts.

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry, may have misunderstood you there.

Are you just after the e13 bash guard or the whole device?

If just the bashguard, what I said before.

If the whole device, then will need to know what device you are looking at and what frame you have.

eerrggh

Likes Dirt
if u have bmx cranks ive got an e13 chain deveice if you are interested

thx mate, but i've already got one lined up. i have a 06 norco bigfoot with stock cranks (truvantiv blaze) and i'm pretty sure its a whole devise

Last edited:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
If your cranks are 4 bolt 104bcd (pretty much all 4 bolts are), then yes, just a 4 bolt (104bcd) bashie.

Just for reference - 104bcd means 104mm between the two opposing bolts.
For anyone that's interested... bcd (bolt circle diameter) is just the bicycle industry's bastardisation of a standard engineering term PCD (pitch circle diameter) and is the diameter of any circle around which an array (any number) of "points" is arranged. In the case of crank/spider a 4-bolt 104bcd item simply has 4 holes spaced around and centered on that 104mm diameter circle.

eerrggh

Likes Dirt
:eek: wait, i'm still lost, what e13 do i need to buy so it'll fit nice on my truvantiv(4 bolt) cranks and norco bigfoot frame? or can i just buy anyone?

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does the frame have ISCG tabs? I don't think it does.

If it doesn't, you will need to get one with the BB mount adaptor (comes with all new ones - if you're buying second hand, make sure its there). If the frame does, then make sure you get the right size ISCG tab backplate for it. Either the old (standard ISCG) or new (ISCG05).

Also, what size chain ring would you want on the front?

Less than 26 = E13 SSt
Less than 32 = E13 32 Special
Less than 36 = E13 STS
More than 36 = E13 SRS
The LG1 doesn't have a bashguard so don't think you would be interested in that.