Will it stand up to it? Commencal supreme mini dh 6.2 2008

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
Hello farkiners, i've been riding mountainbikes for a while now and i thought i was going to get a dirt jumper, i kind of rushed into that a bit and have now decided that i will get a downhill/freeride bike instead (mainly because of the environment im in). I've looked at quiet few bikes and since, i've decided that i want something that will last a while. I have been looking at the 2008 commencal supreme mini dh 6.20. There is a good deal on it in the local bike shop and my birthday is coming up very soon (im heavily trying to persuade my rents). ;)
So my main questions are:
Will this bike hold up to downhill?
Is it worth it for the price $2,400?
Any general opinions on bikes?
Thanks, rob :)
If you could take a moment to go to this website and look at the specs (because i couldn't find one to copy paste of the net) it would be greatly appreciated: http://www.commencal.com/news/index_en.htm
bicycles>08 range> supreme minidh> down the bottom click 6.20:eek::cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Well Daniel Paine came 3rd in Elites at the Awaba nsw round on one so I would say yes it would go alright.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
For that price it's pretty good. Only thing I'm wondering about is the suspension. I have a Roco Coil R, pretty good for beginning but there is little to no adjustment. And the front fork is only 160mm. I'm quite sure it would be a killer downhill machine, but might get a bit bumpy at times.
I think what your really looking at is a freeride orientated bike. But I've got mates who do downhill on Norco hardtails, so this thing should fly. And ultimately it is pretty much how well you can ride.
Judging by your price range its the best thing, but if you can squeeze a few hundred extra you could go for a Norco Atomik or a Kona Stab, both 2008 models.

http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_15_18&products_id=833
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=211

All that aside though, the Commencal is a sweet rig that you should be more than happy with. If your parents are buying, get some protective gear with it. I squeezed a fullface and knee and shin gueards out of mine with my first downhill bike:p

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
;)
For that price it's pretty good. Only thing I'm wondering about is the suspension. I have a Roco Coil R, pretty good for beginning but there is little to no adjustment. And the front fork is only 160mm. I'm quite sure it would be a killer downhill machine, but might get a bit bumpy at times.
I think what your really looking at is a freeride orientated bike. But I've got mates who do downhill on Norco hardtails, so this thing should fly. And ultimately it is pretty much how well you can ride.
Judging by your price range its the best thing, but if you can squeeze a few hundred extra you could go for a Norco Atomik or a Kona Stab, both 2008 models.

http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_15_18&products_id=833
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=211

All that aside though, the Commencal is a sweet rig that you should be more than happy with. If your parents are buying, get some protective gear with it. I squeezed a fullface and knee and shin gueards out of mine with my first downhill bike:p
Yeh thanks for that mate, its in my price range and if we get it we will be squeezing in protective geer

hazza6542

Eats Squid
No problem. Something I should have mentioned as well is check out the For Sale section of farkin. You can get some pretty sweet rides from there for even sweeter prices.
But I can understand you'd want a new bike. I had a choice between an older Stinky with 888's and a Fox DHX shock, fully spec'd to do downhill, but I still chose a new 08 Stinky because, essentially, it was new:p
What sort of riding are you planning to do most, and whereabouts? I was going to base myself with downhilling but freeride is so much fun, and the bike almost works in a skatepark.

damienmccormack

Likes Bikes
hey, yeaa i was looking at one of them but then i found a brand new 08 norco atomik going for $2400 so i went for it, thats what i would do if i was you if your wanting to downhill.

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
No problem. Something I should have mentioned as well is check out the For Sale section of farkin. You can get some pretty sweet rides from there for even sweeter prices.
But I can understand you'd want a new bike. I had a choice between an older Stinky with 888's and a Fox DHX shock, fully spec'd to do downhill, but I still chose a new 08 Stinky because, essentially, it was new:p
What sort of riding are you planning to do most, and whereabouts? I was going to base myself with downhilling but freeride is so much fun, and the bike almost works in a skatepark.
Have you heard of alot of the big hucks around geelong? and i will be riding downhill at you yangs more often because its closer. My rents changed there mind... its too expensive and i need more money so i might pick up a bike on the for sale section on farkin. Although, as you do, i will probably upgrade it heeps etc. thanks for your help and downhill and freeride will be my goals. Are you around victoria?

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Haha, noooooo. Blue Mountains NSW. But enjoy downhilling and freeriding. Best thing I ever discovered for myself.

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
I'm from Little River where the you yangs are. You should come for a ride with me and kizz sometime.
Thanks man, i shore will. I will get kyran to let me know since i may be getting a dually thursday which is sick! and aparently he's getting a reign

Lukeflow1

Likes Dirt
Thanks man, i shore will. I will get kyran to let me know since i may be getting a dually thursday which is sick! and aparently he's getting a reign
What dually are you getting?
Yeah kyran is pretty set on a reign i think.
Do your ride youies much?