Will these forks fit on this frame?

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
Hey guys and girls
I dont want to sound like an idiot or anything but my friend is getting a new pair of forks for his bike and he has found a good pair for sale of a guy that rides with us.
My question is that im just wondering if these forks will fit on this frame as im not to sure if there is anything that i should have to look at like the width of the steerer tube etc.The bike is a 06 norco wolverine and the forks are 06 marzocchi Z1 sport.There are links at the bottom of the page for both the bike and the fork for some of you guys and girls to have a look at.

This is the bike
http://www.norco.com/2006bikes/bike...oc=fs&sloc=ad&tabloc=1&id=wolverine&col=green

And these are the forks
http://marzocchi.com/template/detailSPAForksMTB.asp?IDFolder=113&LN=UK&Sito=mtb&IDOggetto=28051

So yeh thanks for your help.Like i said im just not 100% sure and i dont want my mate to get these and not be able to use them as they dont fit on his bike.

Again thanks heaps kev

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Steerer tube width will be fine, 1 1/8th. You might want to check the length however - just to make sure it isn't too short.

However, your mate is going to have to get a new front hub. The old forks (and hub) and QR, and the new forks are 20mm.

Dicky

Punter God
Edit^^^ beat me! grrr :p

Yes and no.

They'll fit the frame, as long as the new fork's steerer tube (1 1/8") is at least as long or longer than the old one.

A quick release wheel won't fit a 20mm fork. On a cheaper bike like the one in question, the only option is a new front wheel - no hub conversion is possible.

Oh and the fork is worth more than the bike ;)

escott12

At last... someone who can spell!
Just at a stab, the Z1 fork looks like it has far more travel than the stock fork. Be prepared for the geometry to be altered a fair bit!

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
Just at a stab, the Z1 fork looks like it has far more travel than the stock fork. Be prepared for the geometry to be altered a fair bit!
Yeh i already told him that the geometry will change as there is a fair bit of difference in travel between his old forks and these new ones.

dailywar

Banned
well my frame is a 07 Norco Manik frame. they come stock with 07 Marzocchi z.1 Sport RCV's. they feel so nice. and they should fit.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well my frame is a 07 Norco Manik frame. they come stock with 07 Marzocchi z.1 Sport RCV's. they feel so nice. and they should fit.
hey mate that didnt really help him as the manik has completely different geometry then the wolverine or watever it was so you sayong they feel good on your bike might not be the same for him

cheeers blake