Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
what kind of tricks? im intrigued on what can be done on these jumps now :D
Very sweet 180s on the second line, they'd air the first jump, brake like a bastard on the lander and click a 180 on the kicker of the second jump. Had some very close 360 attempts over the first jump also, but gave it away when I enquired as to whether they would be fixing their case marks when they were done.

Plus airing everything with plenty of style, barspins, one attempted tailwhip on the big tabletop...

Made me feel old and gumby... which I am :)

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very sweet 180s on the second line, they'd air the first jump, brake like a bastard on the lander and click a 180 on the kicker of the second jump. Had some very close 360 attempts over the first jump also, but gave it away when I enquired as to whether they would be fixing their case marks when they were done.

Plus airing everything with plenty of style, barspins, one attempted tailwhip on the big tabletop...

Made me feel old and gumby... which I am :)
but we all understand we have all put so much time and effort, and to only be thanked by our fellow diggers. which is what its all about.

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
Windsor redevelopment stage 2 - pump track...

Hey all,

Attached are some plans for a pump track for the Western side of the Windsor Siding. Let's have your comments!

We obviously have a little more work to do on the jumps first... but we should still be looking at some time in January for a build day / weekend if our mates at the council are on board.

Notes:
• I've marked the peaks of the rollers on the layout, they're spaced at 3m give or take
• Tried to make most of the turns pretty straightforward but with a 4' radius one thrown in there
• Transfers onto the existing pump line; onto the track from the runout from the jumps; and off the track onto the big tabletop
• Only one crossover line planned at the moment, there could be others though
• Aim to build it all 'above grade' (min. 3 inches) with drainage pipes under the rollers and berms so that it drains to the existing drain in the centre.

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey ben, quick question isnt the top section going to play havoc with the 4th line in the DJ section?:confused:

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
hey ben, quick question isnt the top section going to play havoc with the 4th line in the DJ section?:confused:
It shouldn't do, in fact we should be able to build it so that you can transfer off the pump track, into another berm and hit the fourth line, with the straight entry option for the fourth line also.

Ultimately we will have to lay it out on the ground, but as you know I measured it all up previously and it seems to work on paper. If it looks like it's compromising the run into the fourth line we can just ditch the transfer.

How did you go at the weekend?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How did you go at the weekend?[/QUOTE said:
got some great runs in, spent the first 4-5 runs diling in the new BOS and the DHX, mt.major is a mad track. 5 different DH tracks 3+ XC tracks

and also the steepest nationals track i have ever seen, blew my mind, lots of off camber turns and very very fast passed undulating, mid corner deep dips, grab a fist full or rear brake foot down power sliding corners in the lower section sprint to the finish line. next time a ride day is set ill let you all know so we can make a big trip up to do it. a few people can even crash at the folks plce lots of room for us and bikes, and a chef to cater for us tho he is crazy looking (kinda like a hobbit)

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
thats windsor trade mark.

tho we do need to come up with some better drainage ideas
Yup, it pretty much needs a sweep every time you ride it!

I'm planning to leave a broom down there, bike-locked to a tree. Those that are worthy can know the combination!

And yes, there are a couple of bits where the drainage needs sorting... We need to punch a slot between the first and second lines, first jump and put a pipe in there...

I'm in NZ* until the 9th but don't wait for me...

*rode the Whakamarina Track yesterday, ball-busting bike-carrying climbs followed by an absolute smorgasboard of switchbacks in every conceivable combination of radius, gradient, rockiness, rootiness... for about 700 vertical metres. Smashing!

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sound like a great track minus the carrying....thats why we ride downhill.......;) ive got some polly piping + lots out at work i could get when we go back