Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

Sic

Likes Dirt
I think its safe to say i have bugger all chance of getting there this weekend, its my eldest daughters birthday tomorrow and the weekend is chock full of party stuff.

However i did go down the other night and start shovelling some dirt back onto the landing for the little double after the table and plan to continue some maintenance. I think thats all most of teh jumps need a bit of tlc and of course for people to clean them up when they case.....

If you want i could do a saturday late morning/lunchtime thing the sat after this one. I might even be able to bring a few people along. Lets see what we can do hey?

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want i could do a saturday late morning/lunchtime thing the sat after this one. I might even be able to bring a few people along. Lets see what we can do hey?
Saturday after this coming one would be awesome. Can't make it this weekend. Perhaps get anyone that can make it this weekend and then do another next weekend. Jumps definitely don't need demolishing....just overhauling..get the lips right and make it flow.

tomw889

Likes Bikes
Hi Again,

Awesome, I think something’s coming out of this. Thanks for the start on it Sic!

Ok, next weekend it is then! Lets say, Sat Morn/Lunchtime as suggested..

How does that sound?

Cheers,
Tom Wilkins

Last edited:

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aaahh poop, i work saturdays! :mad:
Any chance of a sunday?

Was going to go there last sunday, but the farkin sandy train line was down, cause there replacing sections of the track. :mad:

But i don't think the council will mind to much if its only a bit of TLC, but if we start rebuilding (which i think would be a wise idea over the christmas holidays) i think we might need to contact them for permits/permission/bobcat.

All i think need work is:
- TLC on 6 pack lips and landings, especially the last jump.
- Complete revamp of the 2nd jump of the big 4 pack.
- Maybe a wee bit of TLC for the big tabletop and the 1st of the big 4.
- And some more TLC for the run up berms.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good. Will try my hardest to make it. Looking forward to a dig. Catch ya then dudes.

tomw889

Likes Bikes
Ok,

So I will be going down tomorrow to meet a few people and continue on the Fix up Sic started.

However next Sat will be the first official meet due most people being away this weekend.

First official meet:
Saturday the 8th of November
Time: 11AM onwards, but be there as close to 11 as possible.

Awesome, oh and bring what you think is necessary to use to fix the jumps up:)

Reply if you're coming!

Cheers and thanks,

Tom Wilkins

Sic

Likes Dirt
See you at 11. Oh and dont get too excited about the work ive done, its blink and you'll miss it stuff.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey,

Me, my brother(U.D.O), and 3 other mates will be there at 11. I will be riding a 08 norco ryde so come say hi!

Cheers

Nick

tomw889

Likes Bikes
Just got back from the first working bee at Windsor.

Awesome to see so many people turn up! I think there were around 10 of us..
Thanks a HEAP to all that came and gave a helping hand!

Hope to see many people next weekend so we can really dial them in and get them flowing! Also ride them!

I have a pic here of what we have done so far, however there will be more pics taken by others:

CLICK HERE... Please

For next weekend we are looking at rebuilding the second of the four pack, Yes, the big one. Also building heaps of hips and lines through the jumps.

I would also like to get a group of people together that would be interested in going to the council so they can supply more dirt and a bobcat for the day so another line of jumps can be put in.

So anyone interested should come down next sat from 11 onwards!

Cheers and thanks again,

Tom

sharp

like a spoon
such a fun day today. hey tom how bout we go and work on them this tuesday too. that would be sick, i am the guy with the brown adio shirt.

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Yeah I know today was wicked. All the berms feel so much better, all smoothed out. Especially that big one that Will did and the big dick drawing on it, hahahaha Ben is such a legend!

Can't wait to ride them all!!!

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
today was a great working day, we improved so much and created so many new jumps in diff ways, new transfers wider landings better take off's!

here are sme pics i took
they aren't the best f quality but you get the idea!

thnx tom for orgaising the day!!!!

ENJOY!!

Attachments

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer, Thanks Tom for a fantastic day. We got alot done and they are look so good.

Tom you should have come to Elsty with us, Ben was doing 360 flips, was crazy!!!
Cheers

Nick

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer, Thanks Tom for a fantastic day. We got alot done and they are look so good.

Tom you should have come to Elsty with us, Ben was doing 360 flips, was crazy!!!
Cheers

Nick
i just realised we are going to have to scrape the paint off th jumps to get it off, hahaha other than that they should be dry soon and will be increadible, i might head there tomorow to do some more and see how they are running!!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like you guy's got quite a fair bit done after i left. Good work lads.
6 pack is looking quite nice, and so is the 1st of the 4 pack.

But i think after we've done all the TLC on the current jumps, we should make a 4 or 6 pack around where that big berm at the back is (closest to train station), as i think that it's a waste of space, a berm to nothing. But i think we'd probably need council help for that one, as i think we'd need more dirt and possibly a bob cat.

But i'm going away for probably the next 2 days, so i'm up for a dig on tuesday. and i'll bring my camera aswell so we can get some good pics for all those viewers at home. :p

Anyone else up for a dig on tuesday?

i just realised we are going to have to scrape the paint off th jumps to get it off, hahaha other than that they should be dry soon and will be increadible, i might head there tomorow to do some more and see how they are running!!
oh yeah :p
shouldn't be to hard, its only realy the top soil. how hard was it to get rid of the 'have a nice landing'?

Last edited:

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am not very happy atm. Now we are going to blackwood and wont be back until tuesday arvo. DAM!! Mum is heading back on monday though to we might be able to go with her and ride on tuesday! I am so pumped to ride these jumps. They are looking so good.

tomw889

Likes Bikes
Hey all,

Good to hear you enjoyed it! I must say I really did not expect such a productive day.

Yeah I think with such a dedicated bunch we could easily get another six pack running with help from the council!

Sorry I couldn't come to Elsty, lol I had to feed the dog. Also I'm really starting to feel the pain from James' top tube when the chain snapped... Hurts..

As for Tuesday, I'm really happy to come down. Just tell me what time.

Ben, 360 Flips?? WTF to that... Crazy. But amazing at the same time!
I think he should invest in a chain though...

Well once again, Thanks. And I think tuesday will be a good day to test them so just post up here to get some others to come..

Cheers,
Tom

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He cant run a chain. He has got bent chainstays and would not work. I would say it was from the 360 flips.

He said he should be getting his new 09 NS capital frame on monday. So he said he will be running a chain and brakes then.

And yes he is quite crazy, And he is also quite the artist!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all,

Good to hear you enjoyed it! I must say I really did not expect such a productive day.

Yeah I think with such a dedicated bunch we could easily get another six pack running with help from the council!

Sorry I couldn't come to Elsty, lol I had to feed the dog. Also I'm really starting to feel the pain from James' top tube when the chain snapped... Hurts..

As for Tuesday, I'm really happy to come down. Just tell me what time.

Ben, 360 Flips?? WTF to that... Crazy. But amazing at the same time!
I think he should invest in a chain though...

Well once again, Thanks. And I think tuesday will be a good day to test them so just post up here to get some others to come..

Cheers,
Tom

Ben is nearly landing them too, i think he's about 90 deg off the 360 rotation and the back flip in good. but i'm not sure if you saw but he has very bent rear chainstays so he can't run a chain. EDIT: oh nick beat me to it.

What's your mobile number though (PM me it)?
as i'm not too sure if i can make it onto farkin before the tuesday, as our holiday house is lacking interwebs.
I'll just send you a text if i'm going down and you can advertise it on here.

Also do you think we'll need another bucket? as i might buy another for tuesday.
Not sure if you noticed but yours has a little hole in it.

Hope to see you tuesday,

Daniel :)

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yeah :p
shouldn't be to hard, its only realy the top soil. how hard was it to get rid of the 'have a nice landing'?
it was harder than i first thought, as the dirt is so strong it took alot of force to get it off!! so we should probably just scrape them off lightly and as damge free as possible.

and for the transfer part, maybve we should get it aslong and as high s the 4 pac take off all the way round so it isnt a step up more just another gap.

and i agree daniel another 6 pac could be in order after we fix up the big trick gap aswell!!