Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any updates Tom?
Have you spoken to the council yet?

Anyone been down lately? if so, how are they holding up?

Cheers, Daniel :)
not really any updates, but i was down there with tom last w\e, we started a little on the last of the six, and as g man said, they are holding up, maybe abit higher and more flowy!

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey lads, got a spare shovel for me if I came down one time? :)

I'll have to see when I can come down, but I think some of the guys who I rode with on Sunday would be up for a ride/dig if need be.

I might come down next Sunday, look for a kid about 6', blond hair, riding a black STP. The last bit doesn't exactly narrow it down though :p
So next Sunday being the 23rd or the one after that, the 30th?
Cause i might come down (it's actually up, but 'i might come up' sounds weird) on saturday, or maybe not cause i'm in the exam period at the moment so i may have to study.
But if i go, I'm the 6'4" lanky one with the black Atomlab Pimp2. The last bit does narrow it down though, from what i know its 1 of 2 in Victoria. :p

Drainage is fine now, it was only a problem when one of the jumps was stuck ontop of a drain, but it's been moved so now there won't be a lake in the middle when it rains anymore.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
roney, keep up the good work.

did u work out drainage?

i remember it was a problem...
it still is abit of a problm as some dirty idiots have been braking bottles down there and theres glass in the drain, like lots of glass, so we have to get that out!! there are places that still o flood like in between some take offs and landings but tht isnt much of an issue!
thanks for the support but it isnt just me, tom is a big help in this, when ever im down there he will come if i txt him and we always get somethign done!

Last edited:

Gibbo

Likes Dirt
Good to see some interest in Windsor again. It been pretty dead for almost 2 years since me & eric & co stopped building there.

Try to get the council to bring better dirt. Tell them its a safety issue (the current dirt is slippery and scratchy - people have had infected wounds and skin grafts from minor crashes there). I heard once that they wanted to keep the same kind of dirt there, but recently my mate Shane contacted council and says they are willing to consider different dirt. They are willing to throw some money into it every year, so do it!!

Tell them Windsor has been underused for quite a while. They want to encourage use of the place, especially because that park is a bit dodgy with junkies and stuff. More people = less dodginess goes down.

I also wrote a long letter and plan to Melbourne Council about fixing up Kensington a couple of months ago, but they didnt do anything more than acknowledge they received the letter. Bastards.

dh damo

Likes Dirt
Well i was at windsor with nibbers and roney on friday and right now im calling it crapsor. Still needs alot of work roney and other builders maybe try and get some new dirt in there. :)

antstep

Likes Bikes
windsor tease

Used to live down the road to "Crapsor". Peeps who were involved in the dirt being trucked in a few years ago said council weren't stoked on getting it fully fixed up, due to public liability, or excuses about public liability so as to spend money on more profitable things like parking attendants. There is a sign hidden behind a tree there about safety and things, covered in graf also.
Anyway, they were ok with keeping in minimal and bringing in a truck load of dirt. Should still be. But like others said, problem with the surface is pea gravel is super slick when it's super dry, which is 99% of the time. Better dirt would be choice, and lots of it. Building with that gravelly sandy stuff doesn't bode well for good DJs though.

I was originally involved in getting Camberwell Skate park on the cards. Though I wanted DJs. =( Letter writing and petition does go places. If you want to see Windsor done properly, hassling the council might bring results.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and build a B-Line for us punters who are learning. Windsor is either kindergarden, of far too large for anyone who is learning. Having some more options might bring more riders, which in turn will bring more pressure on the Council to do something meaningful for us riders.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so far the main people that have done some work on the jumps are as follows:
Tom and myself
G-mann and Jamo from *EDIT* - benalla(sorry guys if i spelt it wrong!)
Ben Daniel Nick and sharpzzz and Angus
Nibbers & Damo, <<<3

and everyone is more than welcome to help, just giv us a PM and ill tell you were we keep the shovels!

Last edited:

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be down again for around a week or so shortly after chrissy and will be getting some serious shovel time down, shame about the dirt being what it is though.

Tabo-whore Jamo will most likely be coming down too; we're both more than happy to dig as usual.

Benalla Roney, lol.

If we can get a major dig day going sometime around the time we're down I'm sure we can get stacks of work done there.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be down again for around a week or so shortly after chrissy and will be getting some serious shovel time down, shame about the dirt being what it is though.

Tabo-whore Jamo will most likely be coming down too; we're both more than happy to dig as usual.

Benalla Roney, lol.

If we can get a major dig day going sometime around the time we're down I'm sure we can get stacks of work done there.
that sounds great!!! im looking forward to having you guys down again and seeing thos tabo's again!! haha ill have my new bike by then aswell s ill have a bike tht isnt 20+ kgs!! and yeah summer holidays we will have some serious time to get thee jumps looking great!!! and yeah the dirt is crap, but the only good thing i can think about th dirt is how easy it is to wet and shape, just it is liek a chees grater when u fall!!!

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New bike aye Roney? Spill the beans...

MSN?
remeber how i was on my dh bike, i was splitting my old bike to afford a new one, and it will be soon!!
im buying a 24" p street, halo wheels and all that
and yes itl b soon and then i wont be the bike theif anymore!!

tomw889

Likes Bikes
Everyone!

So sorry I have not been on in a while. School was very busy coming to the end of the year. I'm finished now so I have a bit of spare time up my sleeve:)

Look, on Windsor. What we need to do is make some master plans, stick to them, work at it and finally reap the benefits! I had a good layout I drew in Accounting I was going to post up here but it seems I can't find it!

We need suggestions! And lots of them. First to do with what we already have and secondly to do with getting the council involved.

Please post them here:)

Cheers,
Tom

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mmmmmmmk, possible suggestions -

- pump/roller tracks for all the big kids to go uber fast on but which also allows little kids a track to roll around on.

- addition of more jumps on the little line for beginners to have fun but not wreck themselves on.

- and yeah, overall with a bit of maintenance and water they should be sweet again in no time!

sharp

like a spoon
defs need to get some proper dirt in tom. we need to talk to the council bout that one. this is so as roney said, we dont get cheese grated
cheers

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
defs need to get some proper dirt in tom. we need to talk to the council bout that one. this is so as roney said, we dont get cheese grated
cheers
many people have said this and yes it needs to be done but it is nearly impossible to get ride of all the current dirt, instead we would need a cover drop down to coat the jumps. each time i catch up with tom we seem to get something done and ideas created. the idea of a transfer set still deffinatley up there. and making the smalls into a small 4 pack abit higher and more defined.
BTW
tom's fixie is a dream and sorry daniel it does shit on yours. it just has that city sex apeal!!!

im thinking in the school holidays ill talk to tom about getting a build day together to get them very clean, preferably when the benalla boys are down<<3!!

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha man yeah for sure. Just gotta get this stupid cast off :mad:

I might be coming down within the next week or so, no promises though unfortunately. Hey, I can still dig one kind of! :p