Windtrainer for 29er or Exercise Bike? For under $450

kjd

Likes Bikes
Hi everyone,

I have recently got a 9-5 job and my time to ride is now limited. The problem is my job is an office job and I sit on my butt all day and I am after a way I can watch a bit of TV whilst I burn some calories.

So I have a budget of $450 am I better off buying a windtrainer for my xtc 29er or buying an exercise bike. I don't want to have to buy a new wheel for the back or change a tyre everytime I use the trainer so that is to be considered as well.

Please help me out before I become fat!

Thanks,
Keith.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Self promotion disclaimer
I have a schwinn spin bike for sale!! Could fit into your budget, although because of its size and weight transportation isn't a viable option and would need to be picked up I'm in Nth suburbs of Melbourne.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I used to use a wind trainer, but it pissed the wife of something when she's also trying to watch the telly. Also i found it got really uncomfortable simply becuase there's no movement of the body what so ever.

I 'borrowed' my brother in laws recumbent exercise bike and it's awesome. sit back, relax watch the telly minimal noise, various settings to spice things up. He payed 450 a few years ago, seconf hand from a gym in good nick. Otherwise that don't cost much to rent for a few months to try out.

29er Compatible Trainers

Tacx have a new model trainer that is 29er compatible - it is called the Blue and will be available in Australia very soon!