Wollongong DH Status?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Women these days, pick up a shovel and have a dig you wusses. Ruben i haven't seen you pick up a shovel and do any maintenance yet in my 5 years + of riding prodigy son that you are........ So don't think you own it. When you rebuild wrecked berms, clear overgrown bushes and maintain lips then talk to me.
Man are you serious ? . Get your hand off it .

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Women these days, pick up a shovel and have a dig you wusses. Ruben i haven't seen you pick up a shovel and do any maintenance yet in my 5 years + of riding prodigy son that you are........ So don't think you own it. When you rebuild wrecked berms, clear overgrown bushes and maintain lips then talk to me.
Your such a wanker, Side Fx & Ruben have been working and riding these track around Wollongong alot longer than yourself

Maybe its time you grow up abit, but then your just 16

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Your such a wanker, Side Fx & Ruben have been working and riding these track around Wollongong alot longer than yourself

Maybe its time you grow up abit, but then your just 16
You also maintain tracks?? Wow i must wander why they are not so well conditioned with all these people maintaining tracks and having a say!

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aside from all the arguing, Bulli top track is running sick, accept for some parts where parts of the original steep and tech line is being wrecked to build shitty little b-lines. If people on here are building these don't wreck the harder original lines. If you want any easy track go somewhere else ;)

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
come on guys.
In all honesty my hat goes off to the people that originally built keira and who maintained it for many years but mine and stinkys frustration is that we put in the hard work but get criticized for it yet no one is willing to pick up a shovel and help or pitch an idea, and I know that the people before we started maintaining would have had the same frustration and annoyance as we are at this stage
robbadog out

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Keira

Sorry about the previous posts that was my brother. I know one of the guys that originally built the track I know him as tony. He rode down when we were building the new lip and did not seem to mind at all about the new jump he said he just rolls round it. The point of the new jump was to challenge the abilities of the riders that ride up keira and also compete. I was going to build it back to how it was because you did have to pedal right up untill the lip but didn't get around to it but from what I hear someone has already done so. The thing I don't understand is that there are 30 year olds on websites having a dig at kids who try and add to the track to make it more fun yes there are kids like Ty who completely wreck them and build stupid things but most of the time we go building me and my mates try and think about others who ride like 60 year olds or whoever reuben said earlier. I don't agree with people chopping roots/trees out as it is pointless and wrecks the environment more than we already have. Whoever dug the wallride out is dead stupid because that bank is now just going to fall away and wash down the hill. not meaning to start fights or shit I just want fun tracks to ride and improve my abilities on. The only reason we changed it was to spice the track up a bit not sure about other people but I have hit that jump about 1000 times and I wanted something new.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha ha! Lit the fuse and walked away it seems! Relax guys, I wasn't having go at anyone. I wasn't punching heads in, I merely commented about the anger of one individual (not me). My point was and still is that the top of holy is a multi use trail. Case in point- this arvo I came across a young kid of about 8 and his grandfather riding it. First time ever off road on a Mtb for the old boy. I don't want to have to scrape some half dead punter off the ground because of an ill concieved idea. The digging that has gone on in that area in the last few months or so is of a high standard and has greatly increased the flow and fun factor of the trail for all. This last lot is totally at odds but has been rectified for the most part.

Oh, and Stinky1, I was up there with a shovel monday evening until it was too dark to see and a week before that for 3 consecutive arvos. Just because you don't see me doesn't mean i'm not around, you just need to look a little further afield.

caddy

Likes Dirt
Hahaha good to see this thread took all of 8 minutes to turn into every single other Wollongong slander thread!

I love it here!! Hahahaha

barron

Likes Dirt
RNP locals

Hey Barron, I live in the Nasho too, I'm often doing shuttles down south so if you're keen for a ride sometime give me a yell. :)
Hi Jose,
Great to here of nearby compatriots. I've got a wife and kids so not as free and easy to hit the trails as I always want but, keen to be involved in any south shuttles you head out on. I also do some trail riding around maianbar/bundeena as well as the rest of the park if you're ever interested in something not DH.

If you're in Bundeena/maianbar drop me a PM for an arvo ride.

Cheers,
Nick

thirroul dh tracks

Yeah they did that to the small step down on the start off holy trail too.
If they are going to cut jumps that are small enough already down to pint sized then they should leave the shovel at home
Dam kids.ha ha
Other than that everthing is running smooth.if you get out to thirroul ride the track before the creek, its getting overgrown and its a sick little track
Hey guys. Im trying to find out were these dh tracks are in Thirroul.Can anyone tell me were abouts they are. Someone said i need to drive to the end of Phillip Street and go through a gate is that right.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys. Im trying to find out were these dh tracks are in Thirroul.Can anyone tell me were abouts they are. Someone said i need to drive to the end of Phillip Street and go through a gate is that right.
Go to the end of Foothills Rd Austinmer.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As this post marks my 1000th birthday on Rotorburn, I'm giving y'all a pressie.

Trail fairies have been busy recently with steel and timber to reconstruct the broken bridge on the drift track. The old bridge has been removed and replaced with 2 heavy steel girders and a hardwood pallet decking. Bank stabilization work has been done with some nice retaining walls on either side. This combined with a widening of both entrance and exit off the bridge has made for a less sketchy ride and a higher rolling speed.

Trail is riding well at the moment, get up there!

Attachments