Wollongong Trail Fairies

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm trying to hook up with a crew of trail fairies that work in the central Wollongong area.
This would be the area extending from Mt Ousely to Farmbrough Hts.

Could you PM me guys (or girls)?

Thanks
Dobbo

Last edited:

tom92

Likes Dirt
i have also noticed that some work has been done on a few tracks
its great work....very much appreciated

if you want any added help PM me also

tom

cjm102

Likes Dirt
It's good to see some people’s work not going unnoticed, for the people do all this work and its fantastic and praise to them! It’s so disappointing to see it the next day when people do big skids through a burm you just fixed up the day before. Then to find the next burm up the trail with the top knocked off from someone coming in too hot with no attempt to repair the damage they have caused. I know Some people don't mind doing the work but don't want it pissed on the next day. If people do this work some respect (which most of you do) is to be taken by the people who ride the track and I’m sure some of these fairies will continue to maintain the tracks you love.

Hope I didn’t open a can of worms but just my 2c

Last edited:

jmeers

Likes Dirt
I'm trying to hook up with a crew of trail fairies that work in the central Wollongong area.
This would be the area extending from Mt Ousely to Farmbrough Hts.

Over the last few days they have cleaned up a massive tree on a local trail (just before a small jump), excellent work guys.
If you did this work, you will know who you are and which tracks I am talking about.

Could you PM me guys (or girls)?

Thanks
Dobbo
Sounds good dobbo, glad to give you a hand when needed mate....... in return for helping me over bulli way

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds good dobbo, glad to give you a hand when needed mate....... in return for helping me over bulli way
I need someone who knows Bulli to show me around properly. The last time I was out there with some of the guys I was less than impressed. Either they had no idea where to ride (more than a strong chance here) or it needs a lot of work, so you will definately need some help.

Are you ever going to get back on your bike?
If so, we should tee up a session with J@se at his new favourite steeps.

jmeers

Likes Dirt
I need someone who knows Bulli to show me around properly. The last time I was out there with some of the guys I was less than impressed. Either they had no idea where to ride (more than a strong chance here) or it needs a lot of work, so you will definately need some help.

Are you ever going to get back on your bike?
If so, we should tee up a session with J@se at his new favourite steeps.

Sure am mate, been waitng for some new parts for the bike.

Jase is coming down next week some time to catch for a ride

Yeah it would need some work as im the only one who seems to do any there and its been 3 months since ive been up there

homsey

Likes Bikes

guys not a good idea asking where trails are on an open forum only if you want it to be another holy trail where every man and there minibus comes

find out about the trail but in a more subtle way

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
K2: Second Highest Mountain in the World

Elevation: 28,253 feet (8,612 meters)
First Ascent: Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli (Italy), July 31, 1954

Have fun.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
K2: Second Highest Mountain in the World

Elevation: 28,253 feet (8,612 meters)
First Ascent: Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli (Italy), July 31, 1954

Have fun.

Does it have a shuttle road? :p

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think my ride would be more enjoyable in so many more ways. :D

EDIT: Sorry maybe your a bit young to appreciate. :p

red

Likes Dirt
It's good to see some people’s work not going unnoticed, for the people do all this work and its fantastic and praise to them! It’s so disappointing to see it the next day when people do big skids through a burm you just fixed up the day before. Then to find the next burm up the trail with the top knocked off from someone coming in too hot with no attempt to repair the damage they have caused. I know Some people don't mind doing the work but don't want it pissed on the next day. If people do this work some respect (which most of you do) is to be taken by the people who ride the track and I’m sure some of these fairies will continue to maintain the tracks you love.

Hope I didn’t open a can of worms but just my 2c
I Know what you feel
one day at possums, me and some mates were fixing a burm. bin a hour or so of ward work and some dude coming in way to fast for this little jump, did not slow down and Strait over the burm:mad: so bumed:(:(

nskz

Likes Dirt
I don't often ride Holy much due to it's 'highway' like nature these days, however, I do ride down there on the XC rig from time to time as uni track is and arm pump inducing hell on an XC bike. I'd just like to commend the trail fairies who have rebuilt some of the berms on the first track off the mid fire road, props :)

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
I don't often ride Holy much due to it's 'highway' like nature these days, however, I do ride down there on the XC rig from time to time as uni track is and arm pump inducing hell on an XC bike. I'd just like to commend the trail fairies who have rebuilt some of the berms on the first track off the mid fire road, props :)
yes they have done a great job
it helps heaps