VIC Wombat 100 / Woodend / 22nd April 2012

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in with a grin! Great trails and a magnificent event. I hope the 100 wont be 112km this year. :)

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I'll be there for my first time, what should I expect? Quite flat isn't it?
No. I think it's quite deceptive. It's not an easy race. It may not have the climbing of the Otway Odyssey but it's just as hard. It has a lot more single track and few easy sections from memory.

dbm081

Likes Bikes
Just registered for my first wombat 100. Making the road trip from Canberra, hopefully with a few other riding destinations on the way there & back. Can't wait!

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
I`ve done a few 50k events. This might have to be my first 100, or another 50 but on the SS.
Hmmm, which will hurt more I wonder?
Cheers
MH

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
best 110ks I have ever done last year, will do again, wish is was on a bit earlier, April's 12 a long way off, would have been good Otway prep ride like it was last year.

LurvsMTB

Likes Bikes
It is probably not wanted, but I thought I'd put my 2c in as well!

This is my favourite MTB marathon course I've ridden, it is hard, hilly and full of awesome single track. Well managed event as well. Riders on course have always been good as well, so a great feeling out on the trail as well.

This will be my fourth consecutive ride for this event. I don't care if it is 95 or 125km long, it is all good fun!!

The Wombat crew do an awesome job creating and maintaining these trails, thank you!

MJG

Likes Dirt
glitch in entry website

Just tried entering: when you try to put your personal details into the entry form there's only one field for entering your name - so I put in e.g. Joe Bloggs. After you proceed to the next screen it spits out that you First Name is Joe Bloggs and the Surname field is blank. Despite trying the edit details button twice it still won't allow a surname to be entered.

Please fix this up and I'll enter the event.

Last edited:

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ I'll wait until the error that Joe Bloggs (MJG) reported is fixed before trying to enter. :)

Cheers, J

bt100

Likes Dirt
Anyone have a garmin profile from last year? Searching garmin connect can be so frustrating as its so temperamental :frusty:

MJG

Likes Dirt
Just tried entering: when you try to put your personal details into the entry form there's only one field for entering your name - so I put in e.g. Joe Bloggs. After you proceed to the next screen it spits out that you First Name is Joe Bloggs and the Surname field is blank. Despite trying the edit details button twice it still won't allow a surname to be entered.

Please fix this up and I'll enter the event.
The problem looks to have resolved itself and entry now worked OK for me. I'm in, 100km option.

Last edited:
First time 100

Looking to do the Wombat100 after last year doing the Avoca Nemesis - will have to drive over from Glen Waverley the night before - I guess the best option is the $10 tent (byo sleeping bag + lilo) ?

Will be my first 'veteran' event too - it's 4 days after I turn 40. :)

MJG

Likes Dirt
Looking to do the Wombat100 after last year doing the Avoca Nemesis - will have to drive over from Glen Waverley the night before - I guess the best option is the $10 tent (byo sleeping bag + lilo) ?

Will be my first 'veteran' event too - it's 4 days after I turn 40. :)
I thought in the MTB world 'veteran' was defined as 30-39 years old, and 40-49 years old was called 'masters' (with 50+ being super masters)?