Wombolts with Black Lotus?

chino79

Likes Dirt
As the title sugests i got some Wombolts and a Black Lotus 28T Sprocket, the Sprocket does not fit over the lip on the cranks, is there a good way to shave a MM or two of the sprocket or will i have to take it to someone with a Lathe? Any help would be great?

hubbie

Forever 1,337
19mm sprocket on 22mm spindle? hmm lathe would probably be a bit sketch considering how accurate you have to be to not get tight and loose spots. i'd suggest a new sprocket probably as bad as that is.

As the title sugests i got some Wombolts and a Black Lotus 28T Sprocket, the Sprocket does not fit over the lip on the cranks, is there a good way to shave a MM or two of the sprocket or will i have to take it to someone with a Lathe? Any help would be great?
dose it have a spacer that might come out same thing happened to a mate yesterday but it had a spacer that was like pressed in we just hammed it out and it fits all good.,lathe would work

Sunday!

Likes Dirt
1. put the sprocket over the cranks all the way up to the lip.
2. put the spindle facing down in a vice so that the sprocket is at the top of the vice and the spindle is facing out the bottom
3. make sure the bolt hole is lined up.
4. wack the top of your crank so it pushes onto the spindle....

I had the same problem with my cranks, although i wasn't running a black lotus sprocket, the fitting on the wombolt is a really tight fit, but that seemed to work for me pretty well...
either that or you have a 19mm sprocket

Trailst4r

Likes Dirt
i milled my profile sprocket out at home with a mill and some grinding top. always grind out a little bit, then try if it fits. if not grind some more, then try again ;D.
not very professional, but it worked on mine.
would be easier to ask someone else to trade;) for another fiting sprocket.

chino79

Likes Dirt
Sorted.

I ended up getting it sorted, I just called Dan from Black Lotus and he had it Machined and sent back free of charge. If any one wants to run this combo make sure you specify what cranks you will be running, i am sure he would ask now anyway.