Women, etc.

S.

ex offender
Well since my valentine's day involved me trying to have sex at the internet again, I thought it only appropriate that I give internet dating a go. Joined up to a well known internet dating site and started harassing women with messages of various types. Actually this started a while ago but anyway. Started chatting with some chick who looked like your every day normal chick in her photo, seemed intelligent and witty and whatnot on the interwebs, and after a week or so of electronic interaction, decided to meet up for a beer.

So tonight I rock up at the arranged venue, full of trepidation and with the dozens of horror stories about hideous internet chicks lying about their appearance and whatnot running through my head. First thing I see is this blonde BOMBSHELL - but she works there, so I order a drink off her and go wandering off to find this date. After several hours in the Jeep, with no signs of life in the Kruger National Park, our safari finally spots a lone mammal sitting quietly in the back of the bar. Tranquiliser gun (and/or beer) at the ready, hoping to take down a lioness without anyone getting hurt, I am rocked back on my feet when I see this gentle creature from a bit closer, like close enough to feel her physically attracting me... by gravity. I manage to stay out of reach of her trunk for a couple of hours of polite conversation until I achieve exit velocity and escape the gravitational field, taking care to dodge her saturnine rings on the way out.

Fuck this internet dating shit, I'm goin back to getting drunk and doing a terrible job of hitting on chicks in bars and clubs.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Well since my valentine's day involved me trying to have sex at the internet again, I thought it only appropriate that I give internet dating a go. Joined up to a well known internet dating site and started harassing women with messages of various types. Actually this started a while ago but anyway. Started chatting with some chick who looked like your every day normal chick in her photo, seemed intelligent and witty and whatnot on the interwebs, and after a week or so of electronic interaction, decided to meet up for a beer.

So tonight I rock up at the arranged venue, full of trepidation and with the dozens of horror stories about hideous internet chicks lying about their appearance and whatnot running through my head. First thing I see is this blonde BOMBSHELL - but she works there, so I order a drink off her and go wandering off to find this date. After several hours in the Jeep, with no signs of life in the Kruger National Park, our safari finally spots a lone mammal sitting quietly in the back of the bar. Tranquiliser gun (and/or beer) at the ready, hoping to take down a lioness without anyone getting hurt, I am rocked back on my feet when I see this gentle creature from a bit closer, like close enough to feel her physically attracting me... by gravity. I manage to stay out of reach of her trunk for a couple of hours of polite conversation until I achieve exit velocity and escape the gravitational field, taking care to dodge her saturnine rings on the way out.

Fuck this internet dating shit, I'm goin back to getting drunk and doing a terrible job of hitting on chicks in bars and clubs.
Internet dating is shit.
I tried it, and was just attracting the wrong kind of person. I don't know why, but they were all nuts.
One casually announced over her entree that she was on the run from her ex in WA who was out to kill her... And could she stay at my house? Just for a while of course?

The next date announced on a casual stroll on the beach that she was obducted by aliens, but she was over it now and did I want to see the scar?

The next was a stalker.
She found out where I worked and started turning up with plates of food. 'A way to a mans heart' and all that.
Then she started appearing out of houses and carparks along my route home "Oh, funny to see you here, riding past this empty carpark, at 8 o'clock at night, I was just in the neighbourhood"

The next one told me she was related to Angelina Jolie, and I could meet her if I liked, and she had Ange's number in her phone and proceeded to take a fake call from 'Ange' while were were out. I am assuming to impress me, but then she bagged out my fashion sense to Ange, like she was too cool.

Anyway, gave up the internet dating and the weirdest thing happened.
I focussed all my energy on music and setup a myspace page purely for music and began talking to like minded peeps about music.
One of those people is my current partner (Fiance'). We have a five year old daughter and... we met on the internet. But not internet dating.

Good luck with the chatup lines S. Now, go buy some tic-tacs.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt

S, can I suggest the solution to your plight may be closer than you think.

I can see the opportunity for a Rotorburn Personnals Thread. (I'm happily defactoed so I have no vested interest in such a proposal)

Would have to be Family Friendly though, no sharing of strange fetishes involving Camel Bak enemas etc (thats what PM's are for)

Meh, makes sense to me, members already have something in common. Talk about bicycles and possibly find love.

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
S, can I suggest the solution to your plight may be closer than you think.

I can see the opportunity for a Rotorburn Personnals Thread. (I'm happily defactoed so I have no vested interest in such a proposal)

Would have to be Family Friendly though, no sharing of strange fetishes involving Camel Bak enemas etc (thats what PM's are for)

Meh, makes sense to me, members already have something in common. Talk about bicycles and possibly find love.

Great idea... But... Have you noticed how many single ladies frequent farkin?

Yeh...

Which is a small problem for someone who works in a bike shop and spends all there free time doing bicycle related things, you just don't meet any girls

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Great idea... But... Have you noticed how many single ladies frequent farkin?

Yeh...

Which is a small problem for someone who works in a bike shop and spends all there free time doing bicycle related things, you just don't meet any girls
you just don't do your bicycle related things in the right places! there's a few bike riding hotties your age (i'm assuming 25 or under here) that frequent my gym...

What are peoples thought on ages/how long you have been dating, in terms of engagement and marriage?

Whats too young, too old?

Last edited:

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
18 is way to young, i know of 16 year olds being engaged and stupid stuff like that.
an 18 year old i know got pregnent, got married and just had twins.

on the other end of the scale my cousin has been with her bf for 8 years or something and still havent gotten engaged.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting engaged is one thing, actually getting married is another. People stay engaged for like 3 years these days.

scblack

Leucocholic
What are peoples thought on ages/how long you have been dating, in terms of engagement and marriage?

I have a friend(girl) who has just turned 18 and just got married. I also just met another girl who has just gotten engaged and is getting married in 6 months. The catch is they were only dating for 5 months before they got engaged, and only knew eachother for 6 months before then. They are in their mid 20's.

Then theres the opposite end of the spectrum, I have friends who dated 5 years before they got engaged, and you hear of people who date 5+ years and still dont consider marriage.

Personally 18 is way too young to get married. Minium age for me would be 21...and even thats still pretty young. Also 6 months of dating before engagment also feels way too short, and 2 or so years feels a bit better. I spose it also comes down to the individul circumstance, and the feelings involved.

Just wondering what you guys think is the general rule of thumb?
Another point I consider important before marriage - Have they lived together?

Also equally important for those as young as 18, have they lived outside the family home, out of mummy & daddy's influence before?

People can be VERY different when you have to spent every waking minute near them. They might be a good root, but once you have to manage a household finances, are they capable? Can they cook? Do they know how to use a washing machine? Are they complete pigs around the house? Do they do any cleaning?

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
i had my twins two days after my 24th birthday. i'd been living independently with no family backup from the time i was 16. had my youngest a couple of months before my 27th birthday, by that time i'd married the father of my kids and we had a mortgage. he was 13 years older than me tho, and we had his eldest child nearly full-time.

i'm glad i had my kids young because now they're all grown up and left home, we tend to hang out rather than me parenting them. i'll only offer parental advice when they directly ask now.

would i change anything? perhaps. a few more years to myself before settling down and childraising would have been good but i don't have any major regrets.

a lot of my friends had their kids between 16 and 21 - my eldest are now going on 23, both have been dating their partners and living with them on and off for a couple of years, with no engagement, wedding, or child plans as yet. and i'm very happy with that.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The girl I've been seeing is 27, I'm 22. At the moment this is sweet, the five year factor is nothing. I am just a little worried though, what happens if she decides to get clucky?

I have thought that I want to have kids by 30, no older. What happens if she decides that also?