Women, etc.

Matt H

Eats Squid
:p
it's hard for anyone to put their ego aside and be 100% honest with themselves about that kind of stuff IMO. I know I've definitely deluded myself about a million such things before, and it's hard to admit to yourself.
I'm predicting tu plang will quote this out of context in the future the next time you guys get into an argument...

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Man my girlfriend was definitely slimmer when we first started dating. That's gonna be a really awkward conversation...

And I can't stop flirting with the radiologist at work...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you assuming that at some point or another its going to end? If you break it down it may make things a little clearer. She is (im assuming) the one closest to you in your life at this very point in time. The one you've put all your faith in and the one that is holding your heart. If for whatever reason she was to say its over and she doesn't want to continue the relationship do you honestly think that you could take her kicking you directly fare square right in the nuts and pulling you right down to the lowest of lows and then say with every ounce of truth in you that "yes i will be continue to be friend". Im not judging your character, nor the position either of you are in but its good to just take a step back at times and look at things in perspective. It seems there may be a lack of trust in the relationship? As though she feels vulnerable and unsafe.

Heaven forbid you do go down that road and i wish either of you well and hope you both have a long and healthy relationship. But be serious and honest with yourself.
Let me just clear up that our relationship is in no way about to fall apart or anything like that. Yes, i do assume that we will break up sometime, I'm only 16, the odd's that we will get married and live happily ever after are very slim. Though whether we break up in a month or two (don't see that happening) or a year or two is what's more relevant.

Basically i'm using this thread to non-sensically type out stuff and mull it over. A happy story about two people who were best friends that broke up and then managed to stay good friends would be nice.

For the record there is no lack of trust in the relationship.

Everyone seems to be having problems in this thread, thought I'd try lighten it up a bit?

Milestones, whatever the hell you wanna call them man, stop being a sour prick.
Thank you harry, a bit of cheering up never went astray. But you better watch out, leitch might put you on his ignore list then say it everytime you say something. ;)

Oop's, looks like i'm on an ignore list now.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Man my girlfriend was definitely slimmer when we first started dating. That's gonna be a really awkward conversation...

Been there. Best option I found was to keep subtly dropping "I've started jogging and riding my road bike again.. I think I really need to start getting fit again" into conversation. :p

A happy story about two people who were best friends that broke up and then managed to stay good friends would be nice.
I'm working on this at the moment, but it takes massive time. I think the biggest issue with trying to stay friends after a break up comes from trying to force it too soon. It needs to be a natural progression, and I think there always needs to be enough time passed between break up and beginning the friendship again for you to stop viewing the other person as a failed relationship, and return to viewing them as a friend.

Thank you harry, a bit of cheering up never went astray. But you better watch out, leitch might put you on his ignore list then say it everytime you say something. ;)

Oop's, looks like i'm on an ignore list now.
Har har. Don't flatter yourself, you're nowhere near that annoying. I was just having a dig at Harry anyway :p

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!

The direct - Hypothetically, if you put on 'x' amount of weight, I wouldn't find you attractive anymore - routine isn't well recieved, but by gosh they get the point.

Helps to put it back on yourself, making it about what you're attracted to vs her being fat.

ps. Central American chicks are pretty ugly on the whole. Ugh. Good place to travel when you have a girlfriend, that's for sure.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In regards to the gaining weight thing, if you can make exercise an activity that you do together, it's usually better received. Suggest going for a run together, or next time you go to the gym invite her along. It's double win - it comes across like you want to spend more time with her, and she stays in shape.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Just make shure she walks in on you, regularly, fapping over a female body building mag. Maybe she'll get the hint?

sunny

Likes Dirt

Try the direct approach. You will need to be tactful if she is sensitive. We are normally too insecure and will think our arses are too big anyway if you leave magazines lying around, and suggest that Megan Fox is pretty damn hot (which she is really....). The direct approach is not appreciated as Slip mentioned - but there is no point in pussy footing around if she's your partner - surely you can be honest with her.

Anyway, do you mix riding with your mates and your girlfriend (some do like to keep this separate....)? If not, maybe there is something else you can do together - some people find it really boring to exercise alone. My partner and I bought some punching/kicking pads to use. When you get past the laughing, these are great for exercise. or you could suggest root-robics, and sex-ercise and see how she goes...)

The radiologist - do you flirt because your girlfriend has some extra love handles, or do you flirt because your relationship is shite? If it is because the relationship is shite - there is no reason to tell her the love handles are taking over - she will probably lose weight when you break up with her.

Last edited:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Currently texting a girl a fair bit. She's gone out tonight, and reckons all her friends are hotter than her, so I told her one of my friends commented that was hot, just the other day. Technically, this is true, but the friend is a girl and what I'm really getting at is I think she's hot. She's harassing me for a name now, but I'm keeping her in suspense and playing games. Should I say something like: "Well, TECHNICALLY it was ***** (but i mean, I can hardly disagree with her)"? Kind of a middle ground I thought.

Normally I wouldn't do it electronically, but she's on Schoolies at the moment with some friends in Sydney, so I can't meet up with her in person for a few days. It seems cruel to keep her guessing for that long though.

tl;dr Should I tell a girl she's a hawtie via SMS?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently texting a girl a fair bit. She's gone out tonight, and reckons all her friends are hotter than her, so I told her one of my friends commented that was hot, just the other day. Technically, this is true, but the friend is a girl and what I'm really getting at is I think she's hot. She's harassing me for a name now, but I'm keeping her in suspense and playing games. Should I say something like: "Well, TECHNICALLY it was ***** (but i mean, I can hardly disagree with her)"? Kind of a middle ground I thought.

Normally I wouldn't do it electronically, but she's on Schoolies at the moment with some friends in Sydney, so I can't meet up with her in person for a few days. It seems cruel to keep her guessing for that long though.

^ Tell her she's beautiful. Unless of course you don't think so. But if so just ring her randomly and say it to her. Im sure she'll love the gesture.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt

Give it a go but she might like one of your mates instead which could explain why she keeps harassing you for a name.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im willing to bet she thinks its you Regan. But for the sake of a little fun and messing around she's going along with it.

Things have gone from bad to worse for me. Its all a learning curve...

Plow King

Little bit.
Make up a name?

Sir Harry Schneider 'Plutopup' the 3rd Jr.

If all else fails, drive to Sydney and plow her in a nightclub bathroom. ;)

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Mine is on a rotation from 'shittest, shit, bad, average, good, great, amazing' repeat. Currently on amazing. Trying to stop it there.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is man. Sit tight through it, think, and learn...you'll gain more than her.
It's hard dude. She begged for me back and then she left again for schoolies right that second. A night later and she got with some complete F^%&wit. Now...she's gone for good and by her choice not mine. How the hell does that work? After all this im still trying to make things work. The will of my heart is starting to get the best of me.

All i can hope for right now is that she goes through complete hell without me and suffers alot.

....I'd take her back right now in a heartbeat :(

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
It's hard dude. She begged for me back and then she left again for schoolies right that second. A night later and she got with some complete F^%&wit. Now...she's gone for good and by her choice not mine. How the hell does that work? After all this im still trying to make things work. The will of my heart is starting to get the best of me.

All i can hope for right now is that she goes through complete hell without me and suffers alot.

....I'd take her back right now in a heartbeat :(
Women do this when they break up with you. It's this mechanism they subconsciously employ because they aren't used to the lack of attention from their ex-boyfriends. I had it done, non-stop, for like 12 months, and eventually I learned that revenge is a dish best served cold. You might want her back, but no matter how hard she tries to get your attention you've got to be emotionless toward her...she'll freak twice as hard, and you'll get some dignity back.

As you said, all you can hope for right now is that she goes through complete hell without you...trust me when I say that she is. You don't come out of a two-year relationship feeling no remorse or sadness, which is also why she may have turned to this other guy...to try replicate something you two had. Small comfort, I know, but it's most probably true.

I have to ask though, and this is simply for my personal interest because I remember going through identical experiences in the weeks and months after my long-term relationship break-up...why do you think you'd take her back in a heartbeat? Really think about this, and it may help clear things up in your head. Is it something the does or says, or the way she looks at you? Or just her general aura? Or something else altogether?

As i've said before, let yourself grieve, and then learn and grow from this shit...you'll be so much better off for it.