Women, etc.

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Alex, dude, I know where you're at. It's not an issue of not wanting to have sex, but it sucks when you start to feel like that's the only thing you're together for. You can't tell her that you don't want to hang out at home because you want to do more than have sex - all she'll hear is "I don't want to have sex with you anymore" and then it's all over. You should try pushing for dinner out or a movie or something like that - you can still go back to one or other of your places afterward, but it gives you a chance to spend some nice time together just hanging out. The other thing I'd suggest is try to organise a bit of a day out - just the two of you. Catch the bus/train to the beach, have a swim, relax, have some fish and chips in the park by the water, catch the train home and then you can do what you want. Don't try to cut the sex out altogether - you'll hate yourself and she'll have you too - but just push for some time spent elsewhere.

I know how you're feeling, dude. My last girlfriend always just wanted to hang out at her place, which inevitably just meant lying around in her room (a dimly lit, boring box) doing nothing, having sex, going to sleep. Good fun on occasion but not as the norm.

Ahh thankyou! I shall plan something for Saturday, would spending time with each other and friends be a good idea? Our friends get alone really well together, and it would be good just to hang out with everyone, as well as time alone with her? Dinner might be a good idea too for Saturday night,

thanks!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yes and no. Depends if you want it to be a friendly group thing or more intimate. I've always enjoyed going to the beach alone with a girlfriend - it's super relaxed and you can just forget about everything else and enjoy each others company. Going with friends is still fun, though, so it probably doesn't really matter.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2nd that leitch, keep a bit of sex going on alex or she will start wondering whats going on, get you drunk, and handcuff you to the bed...

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2nd that leitch, keep a bit of sex going on alex or she will start wondering whats going on, get you drunk, and handcuff you to the bed...
...Thats a bad thing?

Sex is very much a make or break thing in relationships. It's usually one of the contributing factors in a break up between two people. :eek:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Reading a book called "The Game" I soon will be a pimp :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game:_Penetrating_the_Secret_Society_of_Pickup_Artists
Im guessing thats what your talking about, it sounds good i may have to invest in a copy. :D
Women can see through that crap like a windowpane. At least the ones that can carry on a conversation using polysyballic words can.

If you want to root bimbos, you're better off picking up a couple of grams of coke.

Or some Rohypnol.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Women can see through that crap like a windowpane. At least the ones that can carry on a conversation using polysyballic words can.

If you want to root bimbos, you're better off picking up a couple of grams of coke.

Or some Rohypnol.
The best thing about those books is not the content, but the confidence it gives the reader.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dont at all expect myself to become a full blown man whore but having a read is a good laugh and a few tips may help along the way...

S.

ex offender

Or some Rohypnol.
Only if you're not any good at it, but the routines and whatnot that those guys use are only a small part of the overall "game" anyway. I've met a few guys from the "pickup community" who can literally pick up a girl like the whole thing was scripted.

As Matt H said, the most important thing about The Game is not that it teaches guys HOW to get women, it's that it teaches guys that they CAN get women. Once you realise/believe that, the "how" becomes less important IMO.

Yeah but it also tries to make it into a scientific, formulaic thing, which it is not by any means.
If something can't be accurately described by scientific theory, it's because the theory is underdeveloped, inadequate or missing pieces of information - not because it's indescribable as such. IMO picking up girls can be as formulaic as you want it to be. The ridiculously overanalytical side of The Game is useful IMO in that it gives explanations of why certain little things in your behaviour can massively attract or repel other people, and that it gives people some idea of the general structure of what happens when you go out to pick up a girl. For example, find girl, approach + start conversation, bust her balls a bit to get them attracted, develop some rapport over time, make friends with the fat friend, isolate, seal the deal. A lot of it seems obvious once you've been told, but at least for me wasn't so well defined until it was pointed out. Taking it too literally though, and trying to micromanage your behaviour all the time is IMO bad in that you stop having fun and start trying to push buttons to get certain reactions. However that kind of structure gives you confidence when you've got "rules" to follow (eg 3 indications of interest and you can move on from trying to attract her, to starting to develop rapport) because you no longer wonder "what should I be doing now" which is IMO exactly what being self-conscious is.

FWIW, while I'm certainly no man-whore, reading The Game and some other similar stuff (and going out for like 4 years harassing random girls) definitely improved my abilities and confidence with girls, from "completely and utterly shit" to "only moderately shit". Nowadays I can at least meet randoms on any given night out, have fun with them and not feel self-conscious all the time, which is a far cry from what I used to be like.

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Only if you're not any good at it, but the routines and whatnot that those guys use are only a small part of the overall "game" anyway. I've met a few guys from the "pickup community" who can literally pick up a girl like the whole thing was scripted.

As Matt H said, the most important thing about The Game is not that it teaches guys HOW to get women, it's that it teaches guys that they CAN get women. Once you realise/believe that, the "how" becomes less important IMO.

If something can't be accurately described by scientific theory, it's because the theory is underdeveloped, inadequate or missing pieces of information - not because it's indescribable as such. IMO picking up girls can be as formulaic as you want it to be. The ridiculously overanalytical side of The Game is useful IMO in that it gives explanations of why certain little things in your behaviour can massively attract or repel other people, and that it gives people some idea of the general structure of what happens when you go out to pick up a girl. For example, find girl, approach + start conversation, bust her balls a bit to get them attracted, develop some rapport over time, make friends with the fat friend, isolate, seal the deal. A lot of it seems obvious once you've been told, but at least for me wasn't so well defined until it was pointed out. Taking it too literally though, and trying to micromanage your behaviour all the time is IMO bad in that you stop having fun and start trying to push buttons to get certain reactions. However that kind of structure gives you confidence when you've got "rules" to follow (eg 3 indications of interest and you can move on from trying to attract her, to starting to develop rapport) because you no longer wonder "what should I be doing now" which is IMO exactly what being self-conscious is.

FWIW, while I'm certainly no man-whore, reading The Game and some other similar stuff (and going out for like 4 years harassing random girls) definitely improved my abilities and confidence with girls, from "completely and utterly shit" to "only moderately shit". Nowadays I can at least meet randoms on any given night out, have fun with them and not feel self-conscious all the time, which is a far cry from what I used to be like.
The problem with "The Game" and others like them is that they're just basic psychological tricks that don't really differ from sales techniques. Hang around with any gun salesmen long enough and they all turn out to be pretty spectacular womanisers. A high percentage are also manipulative arseholes who turn their tricks onto anyone and everyone to get their own way. It does work, but anyone with a modicum of emotional intelligence can see straight through it.

The best method to build confidence with women, is to change your Saturday night goals. Most young blokes go out with the intention of getting laid, which unless you're good looking and/or rich and have the automatic confidence that brings, stinks of desperation and won't work.

Once you change your goals from getting laid to simply talking to and meeting new people (men and women) funny things happen. Because the spectre of going home un-accompanied is no longer "failure" the miasma of desperation lifts, your confidence goes up, you become more attractive and it all kicks off from there.

You don't need a book to tell you that, but I wish I had have figured it out about 10 years earlier than I did!

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
The problem with "The Game" and others like them is that they're just basic psychological tricks that don't really differ from sales techniques. Hang around with any gun salesmen long enough and they all turn out to be pretty spectacular womanisers. A high percentage are also manipulative arseholes who turn their tricks onto anyone and everyone to get their own way. It does work, but anyone with a modicum of emotional intelligence can see straight through it.
Ah, but if you don't know what you're looking at/for, it's hard to see straight through it.

I've watched plenty of footy, played a bit, but without the serious technical knowledge of proper players - I can't see what they are doing, let alone see straight through it.

I think reading a bit of PUA (Pick Up Artist) stuff does help, if only to help you be more aware of specific things, orders, and why certain things work. Often the girls I'm giving shit to, ignoring, etc are the ones who try and get into your pants. The Game (etc) explains a lot of this, although I constantly forget and in a recent example, had to kick a girl out my room while travelling in Central America. You try to mess with a girl and she ends up following you home and just standing there in your bedroom. Ahh..... getthefuckout. Please.

ps. The female travellers in Nicaragua (San Juan Del Sur - beach). Dear mother of god. Pool/DJ/Resort/Volleyball tourney that looked like a hipop film clip or something from a movie. And these girls can play sport too, top Swedish soccer players joining in the juggle circle. Almost had an aneurism. Seriously, there was 1 overweight girl at the beach. One.

On return I find my girfriend has started partying more, got a tat, lost a little weight (which I'm hoping she puts back on) and is looking epically hot. Fuck yeah.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The best method to build confidence with women, is to change your Saturday night goals. Most young blokes go out with the intention of getting laid, which unless you're good looking and/or rich and have the automatic confidence that brings, stinks of desperation and won't work.

Once you change your goals from getting laid to simply talking to and meeting new people (men and women) funny things happen. Because the spectre of going home un-accompanied is no longer "failure" the miasma of desperation lifts, your confidence goes up, you become more attractive and it all kicks off from there.

!
QFT

it works ;)

MMelissa

Likes Bikes
Come on guys, what we really want is a man who can make us laugh and shares some common interests at the beginning. Of course, there are variations as to what each woman will look for but its not a big secret or something you'll find in the pages of some lame pick up technique book. If you've got a date, you're already on your way!

Try your best to be comfortable around her and put her at ease. Make eye contact, smile and be genuinely interested in what is being discussed. If you're nervous or don't know what to talk about, ask her questions about herself. Girls are usually pretty open and like to talk about themselves! Don't take yourself too seriously. Have a laugh and you're 3/4 of the way there.

The rest will come down to the same factors that will determine whether you're going to want to see HER again.... chemistry and attraction. That, I can't help you with!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Holy shit, did a woman finally post a reply in this thread?

About time we had some opinions from the fairer sex.

Thank you Mmelissa