wondering why the need for post to advertise stuff for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the go here with needing x amount of posts? surely the point of moderators is to dissmiss the "crap" from being advertised, not to make it a hassle for stuff to be sold within a mtb community. if your not big on the forum banter it leaves you no option but to advertise through sites like gumtree that are full of tire kicking tools, that know dick about bikes.

just sayin....

driftking

Wheel size expert
whats the go here with needing x amount of posts? surely the point of moderators is to dissmiss the "crap" from being advertised, not to make it a hassle for stuff to be sold within a mtb community. if your not big on the forum banter it leaves you no option but to advertise through sites like gumtree that are full of tire kicking tools, that know dick about bikes.

just sayin....
It helps keep the forsale clean from spam. Also when applying for Trading access it allows the mods to see your contribution to the forum an judge if you are a robot or a spammer.it just helps keep users from been screwed over, while helping them disguinquish between legitimate members and none legitimate.

At least that's how I see it. Maybe the mods will reply.

wavike

Likes Dirt
I think that's the point of it. it's a MTB community forum, if you want to just sell stuff then Gumtree/ebay are set up for that.
A bit like trailcare a few blokes doing all the work and the rest of the riders complaining about the trails.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
If you read the entire thing, you'll see that you don't actually need to have X number of replies. Hardly anyone actually reads the full page, and it shows.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It helps keep the forsale clean from spam. Also when applying for Trading access it allows the mods to see your contribution to the forum an judge if you are a robot or a spammer.it just helps keep users from been screwed over, while helping them disguinquish between legitimate members and none legitimate.

At least that's how I see it. Maybe the mods will reply.
That's pretty spot on. The trading service we offer is free, all you have to do is give us a little amount of proof that you aren't a pullthrough.

ahh i see

I didn't realise robots or spam were problems in forums as I don't use them much. I just asked a dude at the bike shop where is best to buy or sell bikes and he recommended rotorburn but didn't mention the rules regarding access to buy or sell.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you read the entire thing, you'll see that you don't actually need to have X number of replies. Hardly anyone actually reads the full page, and it shows.
too true was i the only one to?

I didn't realise robots or spam were problems in forums as I don't use them much. I just asked a dude at the bike shop where is best to buy or sell bikes and he recommended rotorburn but didn't mention the rules regarding access to buy or sell.
dude have a good looka round at all the spam and shit going round at the moment there's heaps!

jus ask some proper ORIGINAL questions not ps3 or 360 rubbish, that'll get you banned and one you've had a good amount decent posts you'll get it no worries with a good application

moorey

call me Mia
jus ask some proper ORIGINAL questions not ps3 or 360 rubbish, that'll get you banned and one you've had a good amount decent posts you'll get it no worries with a good application
How did YOU manage to get trading access then?:noidea:

igoy

Likes Bikes
I had bought some items through private message, but could't comment on trading section! Does that make sense? :lol:

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
eat a dick. seriously. you farkin' idiot.
woah now! thats a tad harsh! no harm in a bit of fun, and yes most of my posts are serious and despite what alot of you seem to think do accutally come with years of using these components, so no, i will not eat a dick because its not called for now chill the fuck out

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I think this topic has been sorted out. Settle down guys before anyone gets a free holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.