Woodford - Glenbrook (The Oaks)

Kaleb_t

Likes Dirt
Just wondering how long it would take the average punter to ride from Woodford station to Glenbrook station.

I had a look on a couple if web sites but they give guidelines that seem to vary alot.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Double check the causeway height with the Glenbrook NPWS office before you set off. Especially in times of rain like we've been having. Last week it was over 2M and running fast, so no chance of getting across.

With the rain forecast for the coming days, it's worthy of considering.

Kaleb_t

Likes Dirt
Yeah i had assumed with the rain the causeway would be too much. I'll wait till it clears up a bit.

I'll look into the Anderson i havent heard of it. Might be a better option to do the both.

DJR

Likes Dirt
If you do Anderson's, watch out for the tree that crosses the creek. Its claimed a few victims who were wearing SPD style shoes with no grip in the wet.

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
If you do Anderson's, watch out for the tree that crosses the creek. Its claimed a few victims who were wearing SPD style shoes with no grip in the wet.
Just ride through the creek. It usually only come up to your axles :p

stirk

Burner
Yeah i had assumed with the rain the causeway would be too much. I'll wait till it clears up a bit.

I'll look into the Anderson i havent heard of it. Might be a better option to do the both.
Anderson's was cleared and graded about 5 weeks ago, I rode it just after the crew went through, some parts of the trail was hard going with tree waste but the downhill section to the creek with all the awesome water bars was ok.

Just ride through the creek. It usually only come up to your axles :p
A rider recently was impaled by part of his bike after crashing riding through the creek, if you hit it hard enough would you go OTB?

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
A rider recently was impaled by part of his bike after crashing riding through the creek, if you hit it hard enough would you go OTB?
Sure you would, if you weren't prepared for it. Personally I just stick it in the granny gear and pedal through it.

I rode it just after the crew went through, some parts of the trail was hard going with tree waste but the downhill section to the creek with all the awesome water bars was ok.
Had there been any rain? A mate and I did it while the crew was still on it, and the surface was a few cm of dust. Slippery, skatey shit.

Last edited: