work stands

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Me and a mate are making one each in metal work. But were probably just going to use one of those Quick Grips for the clamp. Can post pics when its done.

camdredd

Squid
cheap stand

hi,have you looked or spoke to anyone who has used a bikehand or proline or any of those cheap forked leged stands on ebay,online bike shops ect?thats what im thinking about.the park tool or pedro stands look awsome but are $$$$$.

Lube

Likes Dirt
As mentioned earlier, the main thing with all tools, and stands is to not be cheap!
You will regret it. I forked out 400ish for a Topeak pro something or other model and it has been worth every cent over the past year. Has held up to my DH bike many times, to pumping through hundreds of bikes per week on multi week tours. Don't be afraid to splash out a little.

Neon

Likes Dirt
i got mine for free!
i just hung two bits of rope (from a beam in the ceiling) to make to 'u' shapes.
then you just hang your seat in one and the handlebars in the other.
its works good

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Bontrager make a super trick one for $250. Really quality alloy construction, folds up, still quite light. Solid clamp.

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i got mine for free!
i just hung two bits of rope (from a beam in the ceiling) to make to 'u' shapes.
then you just hang your seat in one and the handlebars in the other.
its works good
Bet you can't tighten or untighten anything though! Sucks that decent stands cost a small fortune :(