Working up at Falls this xmas

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
hey guys, i'll be working up at falls creek this xmas, helping out with the little bike shop among other things, and hopefully getting a couple of hours off to get myself and the bike on the chair now and again, if anybody is up that way swing by the shop and say hi!

i'll be up between the 26th and the 4th

Matt :)

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Talking to Juzzy today , he said 3 tracks and $20 for a lift ticket. I wouldn't expect anything hardcore , but still , good on them for doing something up there.

Keyroo.....any details of the tracks ?

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Talking to Juzzy today , he said 3 tracks and $20 for a lift ticket. I wouldn't expect anything hardcore , but still , good on them for doing something up there.

Keyroo.....any details of the tracks ?
Hey, it can only be a good thing Spinner!!!! Build it and they will come....I know I will....when I can ride again. And competion will be good for Buller, help build better trails for our $.

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
hey guys, sorry for the late reply i just got internet, back in melbs for new years,

yeah the tracks are basic, there is only one real official track, which is supposed to be a walking track haha, has a small park at the bottom with a small northshore jump, 3 berms and a couple of small jumps, the rest of the riding you have to go and find yourself, because the company still hasn't got the ok from the greenies to make tracks the ones that do exist on the hill are small goat tracks that are tricky to find, although when you find them they are kinda fun, really loose rock etc, but you can just go out and bomb most of the ski hills, one of the local guys took me out and showed me a few runs, not bad, but ti's in desperate need of some proper tracks, by the sound of it next season might be a LOT better,

i'll keep you updated, i'm back up there on the 1st until the 4th, then going ot go visit beechworth and mtbeauty for a couple of days,

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
i'll keep you updated, i'm back up there on the 1st until the 4th, then going ot go visit beechworth and mtbeauty for a couple of days,
Almost seems silly to continue up the hill from Mt Beauty really. All those fine trails just sitting there saying "ride me, ride me".:D Easy shuttles there too. Still, if Falls builds quality trails and they keep the lift costs low, I'll ride it.

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
yeah my thoughts exactly, i'd just ride beauty, butttt i'm getting paid to be at falls right now and i dont pay for the lift, so for now i'm just happy getting out for an hour ride during work, even if it is just basic trails,

as i said i'll keep you guys updated on whats happening with the tracks for next summer, i'm up there every winter so i'll keep an ear out for any plans to build

Matty

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
yeah man, thats the one, pretty basic but kinda fun, tight up the top but then opens up and ti's pretty quick after that,

going to find out more when im back for winter

Lube

Likes Dirt
Ahhh Falls, went up 2 years ago and last year, cheap lift tickets, no lines, elevation and some basic but fun trails. I still managed to have a crash or two!

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
yeah first run my best mate did, bounced off a rock and head first into the bushes, snapped the visor on his new helmet hahah

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From the site /\
Junction Spur Fire Track

Classified as difficult, you can ride from Howman's Gap to Bogong Village, a distance of 9.5km along Junction Spur Fire Track. This ride is only for the experienced and includes some very steep rocky downhill sections.
Riding that track was the only time I have cooked hydraulic brakes. Major pucker factor when the lever is back to the bars but the hill isn't over yet and there's a tight corner at the bottom....

yeah man, thats the one, pretty basic but kinda fun, tight up the top but then opens up and ti's pretty quick after that,

going to find out more when im back for winter

yer we went there like the 2nd or 3rd were u on the tarmp things...and had a norco dh team???

yer the old goat trails not to bad gives ya something once ya up there haha

Az

Likes Dirt
From the site /\

Riding that track was the only time I have cooked hydraulic brakes. Major pucker factor when the lever is back to the bars but the hill isn't over yet and there's a tight corner at the bottom....
Used to live in Beauty and @ Falls, Junction spur is an absolute blast especially early spring when that decent is covered in leaf little and downed tree after no one has been through there in months!!

yeah man that was me, were you one of the guys in the yvc gear?
oh sweet nice bike man...how much longer u gana b up there for? and r the chair lifts stil runnin??
oh nd no that wasnt me we were just on xc bikes for the day didnt really know there was gana b a dh run haha

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
thanks man, yeah only had it for a few weeks, super stoked with it so far tho, i don't do the bike just with my riding though haha,

lifts and everything are closed again now, only ran til the 4th, although i think they are going ot open again over easter long weekend, i'll be back up there for that, :)