World Cup #3 - Fort William DH Results

W.bat

Likes Dirt
Yeah RENNIE!!!!!!!

Awesome racing. That is one hot looking top five. Real cream of the crop stuff.

Couple more seasons and the internet coverage is going to be super special not bad now could be better.

Brad_morris_mfr

Likes Dirt
Greg Minnaar=legend,,

Greg Minnaar,, What a farkin legend..
With the possible exception of Peat he would have to be the most consistent podium achiever at world cups over the years, can't remember a year he wasn't a strong contender (correct me if i'm wrong).

I'll be flying the South African flag at canberra at the end of the year!!'
Cheers

W.bat

Likes Dirt
What happened to Kovaric? My inter net died as he came through. Saw the top but not the bottom.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Congrats to rennie, and to think we all thought he had lost it!!! he had an amazing run too!!

What happened Sam?? Oh and by the way.

I think Gee has just creeped up to first place over all right??

Nice Job to the Syndicate as well and of course, Rennie!!!!! :D

Cheers,
Ty. ;)

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The syndicate had a good day! 1st, 3rd and 4th. Not too shabby at all! i had a feeling Minaar would win. Problem is my internet crapped out on me! :mad::mad: so i have no clue what any of the racing was like, i saw some jittered parts of the womens races. So if anyone recorded it and feels generous enough to send me a copy can you pm me or add me to msn :eek:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Hmmm I wonder what happened to Sam?

Good to see the Yeti boys up there in 8th and 9th :)

Ozza

Eats Squid
I wonder what Sam's top half/split was compared to the others?
According to a split me and a few other guys had going, he was still around 1 second down on the other riders. The last 6 or 7 riders were all around 1:30 when they dropped into a right hander. Most of the time was made up in the middle section of the track that us viewers didnt see. (inbetween the open section and the step up)

The podium clearly shows the course is a battle of strength!

Last edited:

Grebbo

Squid
Great to watch this stuff on the net live. Awesome run by Rennie. Crowd went bezerk. Great to see the big fella back on the podium. Just not Sams day. In these dry conditions, this looked a "big" fellas track (look at the size of the podium finishers!). I think for Sam to win on this sort of track he needs a technical element thrown in, ie like rain, to make it harder for the big guys. I'm not saying he can only win in the wet, but on a long pedally, brutal track like Bill, it certainly helps. This is going to be a tough year for Sam to back up. Lets hope he can do it.

Also, amazing run by Miannar. He was smoking down that hill. Cedric - what a clown. Entertaining as hell and great to watch. Gee is looking smooth & ominous.

Saffa

Likes Dirt
go minaar you legend!!!!!
good to see him back on the top flying the flag for SA
Nice one for Rennie too

cozwa

Likes Dirt
Rennie awesome to see him back in form just at the right time of the year.
Kovarik positioned nicely with a handful of points going into Canada, is this the second coming of Chris.
Sam not to surpised windy day hectic schedule for the last month, always has been a track for big fit blokes.

Minaar what an awesome rider, confidence must be sky high now with a shoulder he can rely on.

Blenkinsop could this kid crack one this year ????

Last edited:

Hopper

Likes Dirt
Is it possible possible to find a replay of Cedric's run? It sounds like it sounds as though it could be worth watching.

kizza01

Likes Dirt
Gracias run was great and not too shabby either. If he didnt lay down that style, he would have has a place in the hot seat for a while i reckon. Still its good to see his priorities are in giving it up for the fans!

dh1

Likes Dirt
Rennie awesome to see him back in form just at the right time of the year.
Kovarik positioned nicely with a handful of points going into Canada, is this the second coming of Chris.
Sam not to surpised windy day hectic schedule for the last month, always has been a track for big fit blokes.

Minaar what an awesome rider, confidence must be sky high now with a shoulder he can rely on.

Blenkinsop could this kid crack one this year ????

that is true, much better track for the bigger guys. besides that im sure he has a shit load of pressure on him. even though people may not want him to win most people expect him to win nearly every race and by a few seconds or more because of how dominant he was in last years session. and i think now the pressure might be getting to him and takng its toll.

amyways thats just what i think.

dave m

Likes Bikes
According to a split me and a few other guys had going, he was still around 1 second down on the other riders. The last 6 or 7 riders were all around 1:30 when they dropped into a right hander. Most of the time was made up in the middle section of the track that us viewers didnt see. (inbetween the open section and the step up)

QUOTE]

Thanks for the that. He did look bloody quick and was awesome to watch on the top bit that we saw, so that's a bit surprising. He was inevitably going to lose time down the bottom against powerful sprinters who, for the most part, were clipped in. Time to clip in for Sam? :D