World cup team changes rumor thread

Any word on whether Connor's still on Kona for 2016?
Fox has just dropped a pic on the Gram- "Just a minor #foxmtb photo shoot @connorahoyhoy @steviesmithdh @markwallacebike someone's front porch."
Interesting that there's an "official" image release from Fox also showing product prominence with the Devinci, SRAM (brakes) & Easton brands in frame... not a particularly conventional thing to do given Connor's 2015 Kona/Avid (yes, yes I know it's still part of the SRAM stable)/Stan's sponsors. Typically there's a balanced product representation in these types of shoots involving athletes from different teams/manufacturers.

Probably wouldn't have thought about it that much more if it weren't for the announcement this week that Dean Lucas has signed with 23deg & Martin Whiteley (who also manages George Brannigan). Which naturally then has me wondering whether Martin's putting together another team (vs just athlete management)...possibly a non-factory Trek team.

fox.jpg

He's going to be fine! All neat and tidy, boxed up and ready to go
Hahaha- that's great to hear. What's the colour of the box? Care of a mutual friend's bday gathering I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon with Matt, JK & bunch of Roto dirtbags tearing laps of the Redwoods earlier in year- was super impressed with his attitude & commitment to chasing his dream. He seems like a good egg so it'll be rad to see him on supported/factory ride finally. Looks like a few of the VANZACs might just go legit for 2016, huh?

Last edited:

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I remember Connor announcing some months back that he was sticking with kona for a few more years.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
R.I.P Yeti :(

I hope Jared is getting a sweet deal at Specialized (or who ever he's signed with). He's probably the most marketable Mountainbiker on the planet.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
R.I.P Yeti :(

I hope Jared is getting a sweet deal at Specialized (or who ever he's signed with). He's probably the most marketable Mountainbiker on the planet.
Richie Rude is has been a solid deputy though. US market, all American boy, nice dude from all accounts. I dunno, Yeti always seem to land on their feet...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Richie Rude is has been a solid deputy though. US market, all American boy, nice dude from all accounts. I dunno, Yeti always seem to land on their feet...
No doubt, it was a tad tongue in cheek, I'm just getting emotional.