Worlds Greatest Shave !!

Digitalis

Likes Bikes
Hey Everyone

I'm Marty, and this year i'm doing the Worlds Greatest Shave, as in actually shaving my head :s I'm doing it as part of a team with my school, Gymea Technology High.

Actually i'm really looking forward to getting a good haircut! and raising money for a worthwhile cause at the same time. I will do extra things, like waxing my legs or chest etc for extra donations, pics as proof if needed :) lets raise some dosh

So i'm here asking for anyone who'd be able to sponsor either myself or my team to please do so, it's for a great cause (the Leukemia foundation :thumbup:)

My page: http://my.imisfriendraising.com.au/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=330835&LangPref=en-CA

Where your money goes:

$40 - pays lab costs of a PhD student for a day.
$57 - pays for one car to transport patients to and from treatment centres each day
$100 - supports research costs for a research fellow for a day
$120 - Provides a familly with a home away from home for 2 nights :shock:
$250 - means a family can attend a disease specific education and support program

Other ways to help:

Get involved yourself, and either shave or colour your hair and try to raise money from getting friends/family/randoms to sponsor you

Raise awareness: I'm going to try and create some video's too and upload them, if you have any ideas please post them in this thread.

I was thinking a short rap, and do it like the WGS TV commercials, got any idea's for some lyrics ? How to shave my chin ? Anything is appreciated

Thanks again guys, look forward to seeing some of your idea's :lol: and hopefully some sponsorship :D

Marty

Last edited:

Geordsta

Likes Dirt
Good on you,
It's a good thing to do and it's not too bad if you can pull of the shave head.
In year 7 my english teacher shaved my head and I ended up looking like a penis with ears..