would these parts be any good to biuld up a dually

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
hello people of rotorburn, I was just wondering if the parts of my current bike a 2006 norco torrent would be ok to put on a dually frame. I would get new forks though id proberly go for boxxer teams i have attached a spec list below tell me what you think. If you recon ill need to get some new parts to biuld it up as a dualy please feel free to tell me.

Frame - 06 norco torrent
Rear shock - hardtail pride
Front shock/fork - marzocchi 66vf2 with ETA
Handlebars - syncross bulk
Stem - syncross race
Headset - syncross race
Grips - axiom lock on's
Saddle - BBB
Seatpost - truvativ xr double clamp
Front brake - avid juicy 5 with 203mm rotor
Rear brake - avid juicy 5 with 203mm rotor
Cranks - truvativ holzfeller
Chainguide - raceface
Chain - sram pc-991
Pedals - Wellgo Alloy Flats and shimano spd
Front derailleur - na
Rear derailleur - sram x9
Front shifter - na
Rear shifter - sram x7
Cassette - sram
Front hub - sunringle
Rear hub - sunringle
Front rim - sun rims MTX Stype
Rear rim - sun rims MTX Stype
Spokes - DT Stainless Black
Nipples - DT Stainless Black
Tyres - Kenda Nevegal
Tubes - maxxis dh
Total weight - ???????????

Last edited:

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just make sure your rear hub will fit, most dual sus DH bikes have a 150mm rear hub. i think the torrent does to, just make sure though.

otherwise sounds good.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Nothing at all wrong with that. as said, make sure everything will transfer over.

I.E. BB width, Head tube diameter, Rear wheel spacing

Jimass

Eats Squid
I also have a mate who may be interested in buying that frame, if you sell it. And maybe forks.

Also make sure your seat post will fit.

Last edited:

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
ok thanks guys i forgot to add that the rear hub spacing is 150mm the head tube is 1 1/8

have you got any ideas on good frames that would suit my parts

Last edited:

La Rocca

Likes Bikes
That spec list will make a sweet DH ride mate.

The only thing i would probably change is the Juicy 5's, although they might be ok with the 8 inch rotors. Some Codes or Saints would just finish it off nicely.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just make sure your rear hub will fit, most dual sus DH bikes have a 150mm rear hub. i think the torrent does to, just make sure though.

otherwise sounds good.
Enough said.

Your spec list will suit a dually fine!

dan-492

Likes Dirt
yeah mate should be all sweet. Only things you need to remember are seat tube size, wheel axle sizes, bb width and as many dh frames now come with tapered or 1.5" headtube you may need new headset.

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
hey guys thanks for you help i was just wondering if you think it would be worth transfering all the parts or just selling my hard tail and buy ing a complete dually?????

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys thanks for you help i was just wondering if you think it would be worth transfering all the parts or just selling my hard tail and buy ing a complete dually?????
If you are looking at a new start, I would suggest buying a complete DH bike but if you have taken a liking to some parts on your current bike, just buy a DH frame and convert them over. You might not even need to buy boxxers for it? A lot of DH'ers are using single crown forks these days.

10SuthAH

Likes Bikes
i have had the same dilemma, i have found unless you have a particular liking to the parts on your bike it is a lot easier to get a complete new/ 2nd hand bike. The problem with getting a new frame is that the mentioned measurements may differ between brands and if parts don't fit the price of getting new parts may snow ball out of control:(

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Yeah the parts arent bad, but you'll (most likely) find that you will have to spend abit of money to make them fit, like getting a new hub, mabye a new BB and crankset, reduced headsets and the like which can be fairly expensive.
Its far easier to buy a dually 2nd hand already completed (there are so many good deal's in the For Sale section), and you'll probably get a better spec for you money. But if you keen to build one up, go for it.

Five Miles Out

Likes Dirt
They look pretty solid mate. Make sure before you exchange the parts, to check everything will fist including hub size and BB size.