Wrist Braces.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who has used one before?

After injuring my wrist several times I have decided to get a wrist brace.

Ordered up a 661 wrist wrap and got it today. Found that it wraps right around the palm, and is in the way of gripping the bars. Not ideal. Can't really get a glove on over it too. Would have to run it without a glove on...

Tried a friends on the other day, he was using one of those sports wraps from the chemist. Seemed like it wouldnt get in the way. Anyone tried these, do they actually do anything to support your wrist?

Any other wrist braces that are worth looking at?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=45071

loving it. Had it a few weeks now, use it for xc, I can get a glove under it easily.

The improvement in comfort for my left wrist was so dramatic and immediate that I was going to buy a second for my right wrist, but correcting the position of one wrist seems to have fixed the other by forcing my position on the bike to mould around the correct angle of my left wrist.

quan_warriors12

Likes Bikes
I use on of the one from the chemist, it doesent get in the way at all and it does suport your wrist a bit but probs not as much as the 661.

jez77

Squid
I've always put my wrist support on over my glove. I just use a soft wrap type it works well for me.

Lilley

Likes Dirt
I've used the type from the chemist and always worn it over the top of my glove. Certainly felt like it did the job at the time when I was regaining strength in my wrist.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I've tried the 661 brace and although it was comfortable enough under gloves and gave my (sprained) wrist a bit of extra support, I really don't think they would ever save you in a crash situation. Unfortunately the only thing that would save you would have to be totally rigid (moto style) and would be horrible to ride with.

It's probably better to not ride DH with an injured wrist...