WSMTB 4 hour serise, twilight round 1, (vampires optional) sat 19th nov,

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
WSMTB summer 4 hour serise kicks off this weekend with the twilight round, (anaemic teenage vampires optional)
Yarramundi Regional Park, racing 6-10pm

- 3.30pm: gate opens for riders
- 3.30pm: wet weather announcement on WSMTB web site if required (if not earlier)
- 4.00pm: registration opens
- 5.40pm: registration closes
- 6.00pm: race starts
- 10.00pm: no more laps to start

open to all, check WSMTB website for more deets

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
update

been raining here for about 24hrs
some showers forecast for friday
dry and hot for Saturday

should be good

Zenith

Likes Bikes
I plan on being there, recovered from the fling :)

Just deciding whether to enter Solo or as a Pair's entry.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Update

dry and sunny here today, just done a ride close by to 'Mundee, ground is perfect!!!

will be a really good day/evening tomorrow

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
I tried to extend the online entries last night and ended up temporarily disabling it. Whoops

But it's all up and running again and online entries will close 11:59pm tonight (Friday).

So far only just over 50 people have entered online which means long lines for on the day entry tomorrow. So if you can, please enter online tonight.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First MTB Race since the Sydney 12 Hour/ Shimano GP8 double (wasn't that in August?) had glandular fever in the mean time and have no fitness or bike handling skills - this is going to hurt.

Will be soloing as always - say hello to the loner in Macquarie Uni kit!

-Andrew

PJS

Likes Dirt
I unfortunately had to bail after only four laps with my back screaming at me. Barely had to get the lights warmed up. Very disappointed but pretty much guarantees a PB on the 15th!
Anyone know the length of one lap last night?
Back to the drawing board on my setup me thinks.. (if it aint broke, dont fix it before an enduro!)
Great atmosphere there. Thanks to the organisers

Last edited:

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
I unfortunately had to bail after only four laps with my back screaming at me. Barely had to get the lights warmed up. Very disappointed but pretty much guarantees a PB on the 15th!
Anyone know the length of one lap last night?
Back to the drawing board on my setup me thinks.. (if it aint broke, dont fix it before an enduro!)
Great atmosphere there. Thanks to the organisers
just looking at your times Phil
looks like you went straight into it with some pretty consistant times but without a recovery strategy
2:12 for 4 laps. i was only about 5 mins ahead, but with one stop at the begining of my 3rd (then 5th then 7th)

important to pace yourself a little,
my strategy was, 2 out then re hydrate/eat/lube chain, go

if i'd of gone a little harder, and knocked 6 mins off i could have gone for an 8th, even though i may have died!!!
when i got home i was so flogged i couldn't sleep, i just lay on my back motionless, with my legs vibrating

great event as usual, run perfectly by Ray 'The Swiss Watch' Rice

BM Epic

Eats Squid
just looking at your times Phil
looks like you went straight into it with some pretty consistant times but without a recovery strategy
2:12 for 4 laps. i was only about 5 mins ahead, but with one stop at the begining of my 3rd (then 5th then 7th)

important to pace yourself a little,
my strategy was, 2 out then re hydrate/eat/lube chain, go

if i'd of gone a little harder, and knocked 6 mins off i could have gone for an 8th, even though i may have died!!!
when i got home i was so flogged i couldn't sleep, i just lay on my back motionless, with my legs vibrating

great event as usual, run perfectly by Ray 'The Swiss Watch' Rice
Was going to ring and see if you want to head out tomorrow, maybe not???

PJS

Likes Dirt
Great effort Adam - Doesn't sound like you left much in the tank with your legs keeping the beat into the night!

You're right that my lap strategy was off. I heeded your advice in not trying to overtake and to just chug along. Shouldve listened when you said to come in after a lap or two.

I read up a whole lot on carb loading in the days leading up (it beat concentrating on work). I had a theory that if I just drank gatorade for the first 2 hours then briefly stopped for a bite to eat each couple of laps I'd be ok fuel wise. Didn't count on my back giving up! (Was getting hungry during the fourth lap so my theory on carbs was wrong too). I had a break after the fourth lap for about 10min and rode another half a lap. It didn't take long for the back to scream again.

I rode Ando's into the oaks a couple of weekends ago so thought if any pain was going to show it would have then. Bit different riding continuously at yellomundee I guess.

Enough rambling, need to train better and rethink my game plan that's for sure. Stopping at the start of the third lap wouldve been a lot better for my back I'd say. Still enjoyed the experience.

Thanks for your advice, and thanks Onyabike for posting the lap distance.

Last edited: